Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Painted!!!!!!!

John, congrats. Looks like all the hard work has paid off. All the bodywork is hard work but when you start laying the paint on, well it makes it all worth while. Get us a pic when you get it outside in the sun. Charles

MAN Im Jealous!!! Thats hot!

Definately get some better pics to really show her off, like in the Spring time sun. Even in that low lighting that paint job looks really sweet to me. Not to mention that being a great color. What was the cost of that? Did you do any stripping yourself? Im counting the checks till I get the new tranny....then the paint and the stinger hood.

Congrats. Talk about Rags to Riches.

Very Nice!

I had a fender fixed from a scuff...now it looks so much better than the rest of the 30 yr old paint...i cant wait to be at the point you are ... very nice indeed.
Chas:upthumbs

John, AWESOME! congrats are definately going to you!!!
i am dropping off my hi-rise hood at the painter's tomorrow. maybe i should have dropped off the WHOLE Corvette..

green with envy

Robin

It is just plain fantastic looking , and just in time for the summer weather ,,,,,,,,,,,, congratulations good job

gman

John

Beautiful, I like blue and can't wait to see it up close. With that flawless paint You don't stand a chance of getting the "roadwarrior" award I am preparing for the Cruise-Fest 2004 car show.;LOL

John:
Absolutely fabulous job - - and if it looks good in a photograph, it's gotta look AWESOME up close and personal . . .. we're all envirous as hell of your patience and talent . . .waaaaaaaaaaay cool, man. Congrats! Can't wait to see more!
Rollie;worship

WOW :upthumbs John that thing looks fantasic....Can't wait to see it put back together. I'll bet you can't either...Checking out your pics. and you have really done a lot of work on her. Where did you find that fancy paint booth ??? Man thats nice and it shows......Its gonna be really nice and just in time to Cruise...:_rock
Good Job........

and this is why I love this site it makes it great to be a member because all of you are such great people always full of info and are there to put out some compliments...but the booth belongs to the school that I attend...Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. That booth is a 30,000 booth and is only like two years old...I am lucky to have the equipment that I do have and what they let me use...the guns that I spray with cost near a 1000 a piece...and school does not mind if you use there stuff it is awesome...as for the paint it laid on really flast and nice...but as in all jobs of this size there are some imperfections that I will be attending to for the next couple of days...but rest assured the paint will be very close to glass that is 4 full wet coats of clear you see there and 5 coats of base.

John Dykstra

that is an awesome paint job,john...now I am so jealous ..cant wait to have mine done!!!
btw... what color is it ???bill:w :cool

bill81vette: hey the color is spectramaster blue....to say the least the pictures do not due it justice...I stood just staring and the car today before I started sanding and buffing and I just could not believe how much it changed from blue to black and it is not a chrome-illusion color...very cool if I do say so myself...

atmmac: thanks much...to tell ya the truth I am amazed/proud of how well it is turning out...I guess I kinda underestimated the amount of work that I was planning on doing and especially in the timeframe that I have done it...I have went from full car to dissassebly to engine swap to paint in about 1 1/2 months with eaisly a couple hundred hours in on the car so far and there are more to go...but my first car show is on the 2nd so I am pushin for that day right now...

as for the rest of ya'all I have some pictures of the car back off of the jackstands and the rims back on and here they are....they are much better then yesterdays....

WOW John!! The car looks incredible! Excellent color choice. I can't wait to get mine painted, but it'll have to wait (engine first). Anyway, great job.

Tom :upthumbs

Looks great! That is really a great color, plus those wheels compliment the paint very well.

Enjoy it!
Vince

[EDIT] Looking back, that's what I voted for on an old post when you were asking for color suggestions... great choice!! [/EDIT]

Nice paint! I am getting ready to start on my 1972 vert, I want mine blue too. BORDERBUM

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom