Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parking/Fence/Gate............

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
You can't have a good workshop without adequate parking and privacy for you parking, gates, etc.

We have fought this problem everysince we built our 24x24 additional garage out back for the car stuff.

The problem I have had, is the slab leading up to the shop and next to the house was just a tad too narrow, and a tad too short to fit all my equipment/vehicles, and still come and go. There is nothing worse than playing musical cars just to get in and out of the shop.

Sunday night we came home with the RV and the car hauler in tow. We were tired, it was dark, and we had a terrible time trying to off load, and park the machines. So, even though I am on vacation this week....we said, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I formulated my plan, and the first thing the next morning we started building forms, ripping down gates, and rethinking the parking.

I am happy to announce after some back breaking work, we (Nikki and I) have poured nearly 2 yards of concrete, and extended the parking by 8' longer, and 2' wider including a full swing 16' wide gate opening.

Yesterday we started to install a "tarp/pole" building to provide shade and cover for the RV. I jacked that sucker up on 10' high poles, and am still working on ways to keep the structure as secure as possible in bad wind situations.

I will post pics later.

I just KNEW you two never sleep :gap .

:w
Guy

And I thought laying 3 pallets of grass was hard work! (which is what my wife and I did a couple of weeks ago) That is no comparison to Concrete. Man you guys are amazing! I bet the finished product looks good! Sounds like you guys had fun last weekend at the car show. Whats the next project?

Bill

Picture time

These won't do you a whole lot of good, because I don't have them paired up with before pictures.

Here is a shot from the road. We re-used as much of the old fence as possible to save some money. It shows because the old fence is stained and dark, vs. the new. I will bleach it all soon to match.

In this shot what you see it the gate brought forward 8 feet, and to the right, is where we added the first large part of concrete

In this picture, the main driving gate is open. This is the one you come and go through with a standard sized car. You can also now see the car hauler is nicely tucked away behind the gate instead of out in the front yard!

In this picture you are standing in the workshop looking out. You can now see how nice the RV is tucked away, as well as the trailer. Since these items don't move much, it is nice to have a permanent dedicated parking location.

The RV and trailer are now moved to the extreme against the fence since we added the concrete to the fence line all the way down.

It is tight to drive between the house and RV, but well worth the overall space savings.

and,....one of my favorite things is now the tarp pole building over the RV. It is a wonderful thing. It is a temporary structure (no permit needed). It provides excellent shade and cover from the rain. We were peeking mid 80 degree weather the last couple of days, but the interior on the RV is nice and cool.

This parking pad includes a dedicated dump station for the sewer on the RV, a 30 amp dedicated RV power plug, and water line access. You could more or less live in it where you see it sitting.

The location is excellent as well, because we walk right out of the house to load it, service it, and drive away.

Nice Job. Looks like you need a nice concrete drive so you don't mess up your yard.

Dave

Looks great man! 81 degrees huh, It was 35 with snow yesterday and a winter storm watch for tonight, can't wait for spring.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom