Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parts Diagrams wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Does anyone know of a site that has the diagrams that they use for the parts books?
I think the books sometimes become available, but I don't think I'll have much need for the entire book! I just want it for my Corvette. I thought of this the other day when I was disassembing my interior (assembly manuals are still unavailable for the C4s) and came across a short, maybe 4-5 inch, piece of wire cable coming off of the rear hatch latch. I assume this is for a way to release the hatch if the switch failed or you were without power, but I've never seen this mentioned before - anywhere! The parts book should at least show that the cable is there.
Are there any links to factory parts department places?

hmmmmmm good question

Ken,
You pose a good question :confused: . My guess is that somewhere on the internet there is a place you can find it. I bet it isn't for free ;). Just an observation or a thought, I would think the emergency release would be covered in the Owners Manual.
Good Luck, I'll look around too :J

BudD
:w

Ken,

2 of the best items I have bought have been the Assembly manual for about 20 bucks and a Shop manual for 10 bucks on ebay. Both have great parts drawings and the repair info from the shop manual beats any Chilton manual by a mile. These 2 books have more than paid for themselves so far, you should be able to find both on ebay for a fair price...you won't regret owning these.

Scott81 said:
...the Assembly manual...

They don't make one for the C4s yet; they stop at '82. Is there a difference between the "shop manual" and the "service manual"; I have the GM service manual and supplement.

I have a CD that i purchase on E-Bay, that list all the parts and there diagrams for 84-96 it's called parts microfiche but on a CD and runs with explore and adobe acrobat..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom