Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parts is Parts

Spiderman

Corvette
Gorgeous White '91 Coupe
I'm a firm believer that except for some exclusive Vette only parts, that companies like Ecklers, Mid America, and Corvette Central are rudely over-priced. I'm a "Working Man", and I drive my Vette everyday. I lack the luxury of just having my car rebuilt for me. (Where's the fun in that anyway?)

So......with that out of the way, I'm trying to get a headstart on replacing engine/drivetrain components on on my '91 (almost to 90k miles) before items begin failing.

At the moment I'm searching for-

A new radiator
A new water pump
All associated hoses/gaskets/seals
Timing chain and gear set
New alternator
Pulleys

I love my car and it deserves to be well maintained. I need your help.;shrug I'm asking for your advice, comments, recommendations, and knowledge. :BOW

Thanks in advance!

Spiderman :w (aka- a guy named Ed) :_rock

Parts on Ebay

I have found many new and used parts on ebay at reasonable prices. Just be sure that you are buying from an established seller. Check their "feedback" and when in doubt, buy the insurance offered thru PayPal.

Rock

As far as maintenance items ,the best price is from the local auto parts stores.Or if you just want to compare prices check out autozone or advance autoparts websites.Trust me cheaper than anyone usually.Plus they are the same parts that the big guys sell.

I'm losing my faith in local chain parts shops. When I recently had to buy a thermostat and gasket for my Subaru Outback daily driver, I figured AutoZone'd be cheapest. Turned out the DEALER was cheaper by FAR on those parts, and it wasn't the first time (O2 sensor as well). Maybe American car parts are different, but even when I had to replace a run of vacuum hose it was cheaper to buy the length of pre-formed hose with T's and Y's on it from the dealer than to piece it together from singletons at the parts store.

I recently purchased a bunch of stuff from Competition Products(no, I don't have the URL handy) and was quite happy with their prices. For things like timing chain sets, they'd have four or five manufacturers - couple of brand name and then a generic or two that was supposedly as good as the brand name for quite a bit less.
[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom