Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

passenger dashboard glove box

V

vmrod

I absolutely do NOT like the map pocket on my 1977. I am thinking of purchasing a 1978 complete glove box door.

Does anyone know if I can easily mount this to my dashboard? I realize that I will have to cut a large hole in the center of the dash for the new glove box to fit. What about the hinges? What does the locking mechanism lock to?

-Vic

I would be more concerned about the room you may need behind the door for the box. I have an 81 and I was surprised how much room it took up.

A 1977 should not be too much different than a 1982. I'm not looking to gain much room anyway, just want to get rid of the map pocket and have a 'cleaner' appearance. That map pocket makes the car look cluttered, even when it's empty.

If I can just put a pair of sunglasses and my car's paperwork in there, I would be happy.

Do you have a digi-cam? Could you take some picks of it for me? I looked at my passenger dash yesterday, and I am trying to determine how I can attach the glovebox door to the dash.

I do have the digital camera but it stinks! Seems every time I want to spend the cash on one I pick up an Ecklers Catalog and sort of loose track of the camera. I'll try and borrow a neighbors and help you out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom