Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

passive keyless entry is dead HELP!

Domindart

Corvette
1996 CE LT4
Hey guys!

It all started with a moment the car didnt Toot horn and lock when I was walking away.

I came back and the car started acting crazy- the locks cycled I think, and the hatch opened. I went on my way after I locked up but later it happened again, and the 'passive keyless entry ' light on the dash came on and stayed on.

When I got home the whole PKE system had just went dead- no response from anything.

I tried replacing the battery in the Fob. No go.

I tried reprogramming the Fob, but the car didnt want to reprogram. (Im going to give this another shot)

I checked the fuse which was fine (which I, in the end, pulled out so the PKE system including the light, would just be off)

So Im thinking its the receiver/ module which I hear is behind the dash and hard to get to. What would u think?

FYI My ignition chime doesnt work right, sometimes it would work fine, but mostly it just chimes for a second when I put the key in.

Everything else in the car works fine- the door locks, lights, security, door ajar light...

If your familiar with pulling codes you might try the info listed below.

I would triple check the door & hatch switches.

If you have to change the pke module I can scan the info for you, upper trim pad removal, etc.

It's not that bad a job.

For those with a 16 pin DLC the pins to ground are 8 to 5.

"DIAGNOSIS
The PKE system will flash a specified diagnostic trouble code (dtc), based up on the testing of certain fucntion parts of the system when the diagnostics enable input is activated. the diagnostic mode will be accessed when the following conditions are met.
- Key is in the ignition
- Ignition is "OFF"
- the diagnostic link connector (DLC) terminal "H" has been grounded.

The diagnositc mode will be exited whenever the grounding of the diagnositc enable input is removed. the receiver will return to transmitter in range/key-in ignition mode after exiting. The "Passive Keyless Entry" lamp shall flash DTCs indictating proper operation or faults of specific parts of the system."

"DAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCs)The "Passive Keyless Entry" lamp in the Driver Information Center (DIC) shall flash information codes shown below, which represent the corresponding system condition.

Diagnostic Condition - DTC
Receiver memory bad - 12
Transmitter not in range - 13
Non-Valid transmitter received - 14
Valid Transmitter received - 15
Passenger Door Button Depressed - 16
Hatch Button Depressed - 17

DTCs 12. 13, and 14 display the current state of the system. DTCs 15, 16, and 17 are actually functional codes which require the transmitter to be in range as confirmation that the receiver has functioned correctly."
================
just get the DTC and i'll tell you what the chart says the problem may be for that DTC. The chart is too lengthy to type out the remaining procedure for each DTC.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom