Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Photo wanted of my '64 Sting Ray on display at the museum

mjdart

Corvette
'79 L-82, '80 L-82. & '85 4+3 64 Coupe
I recently be came the caretaker of a 1964 Corvette Sting Ray. I love the car and have been going through it changing fluids, greasing, adjusting the solid lifter cam and all that fun stuff. The car has quite a history and was displayed for 6 months at the museum in 2000. The owner of the car at that time had done a complete restoration and won many awards. His name was Brent Ferguson, he developed cancer and passed away sometime near 2000. He was well loved in the Corvette community and after his passing his wife was asked by the museum if they could display the car. I would love to have a photo of the car while it was on display in the museum to add to the "Bible", what I call the book of documentation that came with the car. The car is a Daytona Blue AO Smith with dark blue interior. It has the L76 Engine with C60 AC, N11 exhaust, J50 & J65 Brakes, M20 tranny and G81 Posi in a 3.70 to 1. It also has U69 AM-FM and T86 back up lights and the P92 white walls. Below is a photo of the magazine spread giving tribute to Brent and this marvelous little C2 Sting Ray. If you have a photo or can link me to someone it would be much appreciated.
1964 Sting Ray 40837122152 Window Sticker.JPGMagazine article on 1964 Sting Ray.jpg

why not contact the museum staff - bet they have pictures

I contacted Betty, she asked for more details about owner and I replied but I haven't heard back.

typically can take a week or so before Betty finds what you ask for; she is very conscientious and will contact you when she finds anything.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom