Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pic request

KOPBET

Corvette
'73 Silver LS4 4 speed
I'm looking for a nose shot of a '73 WITH a center grille. I would like to replace mine, which is messed up, but they seem hard to come by so a license plate frame may have to suffice. Pictures will help me.

Any photos appreciated.

TIA,
KOP

I think Chas just did his... check in with him...

I think he has other pics though...I could be wrong. (There's a first for everything! :L)

Looking for a nose shot with a center grille if possible!

:w

I didnt see this.....

KOPBET, i will post a shot of my nose grill tonight if i can.....i got it for $200, which is a steal these days.....
That pic of my car was last fall...i did the grill this spring.

Chas:w

I have a few shot of mine here is my email if you want me to send them to you just let me know...
When I bought my car it had one allready on it I like it a lot...

tx51dm@netscape.com just email me and I will send you some

Dan

Chas said:
KOPBET, i will post a shot of my nose grill tonight if i can.....i got it for $200, which is a steal these days.....

Chas:w

I want it !!! :cry :cry :cry

Chas said:
KOPBET, i will post a shot of my nose grill tonight if i can..
Vindication is mine!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thank you, Chas :D

The big finish!

Any time 'Dre....:beer
grill.JPG

Is the chrome on the grilles just washed out in the pic? Don't see any, or at least hard to see!

Nice pic though!! Thanks!!!

My chrome is not like new to be sure....still original. However I can send you much better photos by e-mail. I tweaked this one to try and get the grill and then cropped it down to fit ....pm me your email addy and i will cover it better for you.
Chas

Trying to show a comparison.....

grill.JPG

Ok,while this grill thing is up on the board...

Opinions needed....where do i begin to find someone who can restore this grill to original black with chrome front edge?
I thought of maybe chroming the entire thing, but I think it wouldnt fit my taste....but i really want to bring the chrome back to the face.
Before I installed the center grill, My chrome is maybe 70% still intact.
And now the center grill, which hasn't been on a car for 20 years is in much better shape.
So I would like to rework all 3 pcs to as close to original as i can....

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance...Chas:_rock

Chas said:
i really want to bring the chrome back to the face.
Isn't it just powdercoated black and then the front was/is just brushed ('bare') aluminum?

Evolution1980 said:
Isn't it just powdercoated black and then the front was/is just brushed ('bare') aluminum?

Nope, its chromed on the front face.....but you have a great idea so far.:_rock

Chas said:
My chrome is not like new to be sure....still original. However I can send you much better photos by e-mail. I tweaked this one to try and get the grill and then cropped it down to fit ....pm me your email addy and i will cover it better for you.
Chas

Thanks Chas, your next post does it for me. I really just wanted to see both views so I could make up my mind about how badly I want to keep looking for a grille for myself (and having both views on the SAME car is great!). I am resigned to the fact I may never see a center grille on mine; I'm not paying $300-$400 for a piece of pot metal!!

I like it, Chas! Looks great.

this reminds me of a semi-related issue. I asked long time ago about this, but I recall some of the Vettes in my youth would have a center grill added, and at dusk, the owners would turn-on the headlights with the headlight doors in the sleek or stowed position.

Does anyone else recalls this? It looked pretty cool. Kinda like a built-in fog light effect.

GerryLP:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom