Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pictures of my Corvette Collection

Corvette-Pilot

Corvette
1994 Black Rose Coupe
This is a home made case just to keep these babys clean.
The collection keeps growing so a new case will be built in the spring.
I removed the plexi cover to avoid glare.

Vette_Collection2a.jpg

Vette_Collection3a.jpg

So far 3 Indy Pace Cars, 4th on pre-order, Rolex Pace Car, Grand Sport, 78 Black, Dale Earnhardt Raced Version #3, 427 Red Convert, 82 Collector Edition.

The 5 in the left column are so wish cars. They are all 93's but I modified most of them to get the colors I wanted. The top is a stock 40th Aniv car (I now have a Black Rose 94), I took a tan interior and painted it red to get the white/red car, red/black, yellow/black, green/tan. I forget what I did to these cars. I think I just swapped around the interior?

Can't leave out the 79 Silver Aniv Trans Am and my personal all time favorite car ever made the 77-78 Smokey & the Bandit Trans Am ! ! being chased by the cops of course
:L

I need a house to display all my NASCAR stuff so they sit quitely in the closet waiting :cry

I/we would be interested inseeing some of your collections.
Post a pic or 2

Happy Collecting
:v

Some Of Them

I'll try to post these, we'll see what happens. i just yesterday got two 12 holder display cases but haven't had a chance to get them up yet.

Another

Being a heavy equipment operator, you know I had to have some of these.

Another

I used to run these for many years. (The real ones):)

The 1/18 Scale

The first year 1953

HD

Had a few of these in my younger days.:beer

Last One For Now

I have to paint the top black and then figure out how to make an L88 hood scoop and it'll be an exact replica of the real one in my signiture. ;)

The display (most of 'em are 1/25 scale) ...
display.jpg

A Ford! :D
FMCobra.jpg

I ain't gonna build this one; it stays in the autographed box. ;)
GS90model.jpg

One of the ones you really wish you had in actual scale, that is, the real thing! This one is 1/18 scale. :upthumbs
DSCF0003_sm.JPG

This one is cool, and affordable, at 1/12 scale (from Gearbox Granny) ...
58frtrgt.jpg

But this is a lot better (from Franklin Mint, the "Connoisseur Edition") ...; it's also 1/12 scale, but it's more costly than the '58 as well. ;)
13big.GIF

Lotta detail! :D
2big.gif

These two are super cool in 1/18 scale (from the Danbury Mint)...
5557above01.jpg

57frthoodup.jpg

_ken :w

By the way, love that '62 Lou! :upthumbs

One Of These Days..........

I'll get everything set up and get pictures of all of them. I have the trailer, a dually pick up to pull it, and the two post lift that actually works. Maybe I'll figure out how to post more than one picture per post too eh? Thanks for the compliment on the 62 Bro, I have a friend that keeps telling me he can make the L88 hood for me, I even bought a donor 62 on eBay so I'd have the extra hood. He's also a master painter so when he's done it should look exactly like my real thing. I just odrered the 1955 Pro Street Chevy from Danbury Mint in 1/12 with the BB, roll cage, Tubed, nosed, decked, if you haven't seen it it's AWESOME!!! I'll shoot a couple of that when I get it. Here's the dually with the Harley in the back. Ram Tough!!!

Ken,

Some awesome cars !

What's the scoop on the Cobra? & the Red Vette?
Looks like it has some great detail.

I also have the Red & Yellow Corvette Racing Trailer sets.
Thinking about the lift but it's kinda $$$

I want to someday build a nice diarama using these sets.
I had researched a lot to find 1:18 stuff but there isn't much out there.
I have lots of pics of things like the FM garage in order to use it for ideas.
Saving catalogs with pics that can be cut out to be used as wall posters.
That sorta stuff.

Great hobby but it does add up fast.
Not enough room to display them all.

Still fun
:beer

Both of those cars (the Cobra and the '67 Vette) are Franklin Mint models. The Cobra is the aluminum-bodied version at 1/25 scale while the '67 is 1/12 scale.

The Cobra purchase price was right in the same ballpark as the rest of the FM 1/25 scale models ($100-$120).

The '67 is the "Connoisseur Edition" as I stated, but I'm not sure that it is still available. I remember that I had to place my order well ahead of time; they may have only built a certain number of those models in that scale.

The cost of the '67 was pretty steep as well, like $500!! The '58 only cost me $90 or so if I remember correctly, but the '67 is simply loaded with detail and working parts, such as the windows which roll up and down, vent windows that pivot, functional lighting (parking, headlights, taillights and brake lights all work), the wheels can be removed to expose the brake calipers and rotors, plus much more. So, if you're an avid collector I'd say it's worth the money. It certainly is nice! :upthumbs

_ken :w

Thanks for the extra details Ken !
I think I remember when FM sent me the info on the 67 and at the time there was no way of pulling this off. Even now it would be tough but might still be something to get??

I have the Monogram 1:8 84 Vette and the 80 Trans Am model kits. I ran across some people that got way carried away with detailing these kits and I picked there brains for info on doing this. Got a lot of pics to see what they did. This might be the poor mans way of getting big scale and super detail :J

I wish Exoto would do up a non-race Vette. I found out ablout them thru CAC but have never bought any of their cars. The detail looks awesome so once they make a car I like who knows.....

Keep on Collecting !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom