Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Pinion snubber bushing

PEAHAT

Corvette
81 c3
Help, any suggestions on replacing a pinion snubber bushing on the differential, access just appears to tight with out having to remove the driveshaft. any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Thank You

Scott

81 vette 4 speed

Unfortunately, the drive shaft has to come out to allow room to remove the bolt..Sorry,,Just like everything on the C3 no easy task except the oil pan..LOL

Joe

Thanks Joe, what size and type is the original bolt that holds the u joint strap to the diff yolk? spline or star?

Scott

Is this the bolt that has the super big gromet at the rear end? I'm having a hard time finding the right name for this? The vet manual calls this an upper and lower bushing.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Yes it is, Once i removed the drive shaft, the bolt came out.

Thanks for the help guys.

Scott M

Virginia

Thank you for the info. Did you have to support the differential or any part of the suspension from coming down to far?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Not at all, but when you put the new bushings in you will need a prybar to spread the diff mounting point away from the cross member. Also if the you joint bolts look like they have a spline pattern on them, I used a 12 point socket. My upper and lower bushing were completely deteriorated. What a difference with the new bushing.

Scott M

Virginia

Thank you so much for that Scott.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom