Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

place to get Q-jet rebuilt on east coast?

vetteKID

Corvette
74 L-48 coupe & 85 454 coupe
im looking to get my Q-jet rebuilt and dialed in for less then buying a new holley which would be a out of the box and go. on the east coast around MD would be good, if any of you guys know any decent places please reply.

thanks.

I just purchased a remanufactured Q Jet from INCO Automotive Industries for my 1980. It has all new working parts ( throttle bushing, vacuum dashpot ect) and was surfaced reground on all mating surfaces. It was calibrated and shipped in two days. Cost was $183.85 plus $50 core chge. It also was number matching. They will rebuild your old one if you want.
INCO Automotive Industries
1456 62nd St. Brooklyn NY 11219
331 1620
www.inco.pair.com
Good Luck , Fred

Fred'svettes, How was the car running before the reman carb?
I have to pump mine at least 20x's to get it started.
How is it running now?

The Vette runs like new. Well worth the monies.
Another great carb remanufacturer is Recarbo Carburetors,661 Garcia Ave, Pittsburg, Calif.
925 439 7030. They also have a nice web site. Their price was very reasonable for my two 74's and they send a computer print out of the flow test and calibration of your new carb. Also comes with a great warranty !! Fred

I would prefer Recarbo because of the flow bench testing they do but their price on the 1980 carb was quite a bit more than the INCO one. I would check with them first as their customer service was very informative and they might have the 80 one on sale as were my 74's. I think I paid $135.00 for the 74's. There's nothing wrong with INCO and they do nice work also. It's an in house operation. I'm sure you'll be happy with which ever one you use.
Yes there is a noticeable difference in the performance. Fred

There is a very knowledgeable moderator here that knows how to rebuild and tune Q-jets correctly, stingray6974. Drop him an PM or an email I'm certain that he will be happy to help you out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom