Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Planet 67 gets under way...

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com
Came to a meeting of the minds with town hall today, and I have a building permit in my hands.

I'll soon have a new place for HEAVEN and another '67 project vehicle. :upthumbs

The fun is about to begin.

3zho16s.jpg

5cdac7.jpg

36' x 36'. Due to the discussion in my ceiling height thread, I'm adding two rows of concrete block to gain the required interior height for the lift. I'll either parge the block or cover it with the same siding as the walls to disguise it.

The large windows (living room size) along the east elevation is to allow me to view HEAVEN as I drive past on the ride-'em mower. :boogie

I may decide to go with French doors (Freedom doors??? :confused) :rotfl

Sweet ! I never though of putting up a drawing or was I being safe again , just in case I screw up :L I will see if I can scan mine in and post them... That looks like a sweet garage, just remember to blow the grass the other way ! :boogie

I marked out the excavation this evening. The backhoe man is coming on Friday morning. :bang

Then, I'll build the footing boxes, get approval from the inspector, and then bring a cement truck through the field to pour the footings......hopefully next week.

A local building supply has agreed to run their forklift through the farmer's field and into my back yard to deliver the 864 concrete blocks I'll require as soon as the footings are complete. Then, it'll be stone and sand deliveries.

The goal is to have the foundation in and backfilled before the snow flies. :W

French doors! French doors!

I am so glad that I will be able to vicarously enjoy 2 garage projects this winter :cool

Wow you move fast! It not gonna snow here till January, take your time :L

Scott,

We're required to go down below the frost line with our footings (for a poured or block wall), so that means a 4.5' trench along the front (north elevation) of the garage, gradually increasing to 6.5' deep along the south and part of the west elevations due to grade differences.

Once the trenches are excavated, I want to get going quickly before they end up full of rain water. This time of year, that could happen easily. :)

Bob - It looks like your living da dream...

...do you have a completion date on the garage and have you targeted/bought a donor 67 yet?

:lou

L8TR - D​

Hi Dwayne,

I'll complete the foundation and grading this fall, then get at the framing in early spring. I'd like to have the exterior completed in April.

I'm still looking for the right '67 project, however.

Cheers. :beer

Did you ever think of lowering the floor so that you could keep the same amount of bricks as the original design? Friend of mine had his floor lowered to accomodate the lift instead of adding height to the building. Worked fine. However, he has a racing mustang that has more ground clearance and can handle the depression with the ramp. If I remember correctly, my 66 coupe had enough ground clearance, so 67 heaven should do okay. Your garage plans look great; maybe you can have an open house, errr open garage, so that Tammy and the rest of us can view the Freedom Doors et al. At least you are kind enough to post pics for us and we appreciate it. As I said in previous posts, I love looking at 67 heaven.
Barrett

Congratulations on your garage project. I'm thinking about all the places I would have electrical outlets, drop down lights, spot lights on the engine bay area and coax for the television. An aircompressor with several outlets along the walls.
A place for a sofa to relax on ....... the possibilities are endless. Good Luck. Like everyone else, I look forward to seeing the progress.:)

French doors! French doors!

I am so glad that I will be able to vicarously enjoy 2 garage projects this winter :cool

Me too! Me too!
I love looking over the garages-plans-dreams-etc. that are posted. I've got a computer file FULL of pix I'm saving for the day when I can build a Garagemahal! :upthumbs

I knew I should have put in french doors, Bob gets all the chicks!

French doors... AND a HEAVENLY '67.
smiley-thud.gif

:w

I finally found my masonry guy from my last building project. He was out of the province for a couple of years (probably up the river) ;LOLbut man can he lay a nice line.

108 blocks per course x 8 high = 864 blocks. He's tied up all next week, but with any luck he'll be here the week after.

Meanwhile, I've gotta go grab some lumber and build the footings, get them inspected and call a cement truck in next week. :bang

Who has more fun than us? :upthumbs

I finally found my masonry guy from my last building project. He was out of the province for a couple of years (probably up the river) ;LOLbut man can he lay a nice line.

108 blocks per course x 8 high = 864 blocks. He's tied up all next week, but with any luck he'll be here the week after.

Meanwhile, I've gotta go grab some lumber and build the footings, get them inspected and call a cement truck in next week. :bang

Who has more fun than us? :upthumbs

Bob, you better get to work, while you was out messing with that ditch I bought an enclosed trailer.............. Finally :w

Man its hard keeping up with the Jones and the Bobs :W :L
Details on another thread at a later date :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom