Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Plug in performance tuners

Len Imbrogno

Corvette
1988 COUPE
Has anyone had any experience with an SCT Performance power flash tuner for newer model corvettes, i.e. 2013 ? Will they give any noticeable increase in performance? I know there are several companies making these types of devices and the SCT product seems to be popular with the Mustang guys.

Last edited:
I don't know anyone who has used an SCT, and haven't read about results either. It does't seem to be the unit of choice for the Vette crowd. In fact, hand helds are not as popular as they once were. Seems most think that a custom tune is the only thing worth getting, and you can optimize for other mods like exhaust and intake. My experience is that no hand held tuner makes much of an impact on a stock Vette. If you are running over 350 horsepower to the rear wheels, how many horses do you have to gain for the improvement to be felt? I know I can't feel 15 horsepower on my butt dyno, and that may me the most you could expect on a stock motor. But that's just my opinion. Some guys swear by them.

I think the only way to check for a noticeable performance gain would be on the track. The drag strip in particular. If the numbers don't show an improvement, it's not worth using it.

Has anyone had any experience with an SCT Performance power flash tuner for newer model corvettes, i.e. 2013 ? Will they give any noticeable increase in performance? I know there are several companies making these types of devices and the SCT product seems to be popular with the Mustang guys.

May want to keep in mind warranty issues with other than a factory tune on a new Vette. GM is now very sensitive about you changing their calibration... And yes, they can tell if the CPU has been reflashed!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom