Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Polishing My LT-5

kaijumax

Corvette
1990 Callaway Supernatural
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good polisher, around the New England area if possible, who could quote me on polishing the top end of my ZR-1.

External Polishing,the original powder coating is flaking. I like a quote for a shine finish.

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
do you mean port/polishing or shining up the top end?

I know the previous owner of the blue Callaway ZR1 had his compleet LT5 polished. And if i remember correctly he wouldn't do it again, maybe a good idea to trace and contact the new owner? Blue Callaway ZR1 with Fiske rims.

Groeten Peter.

It will be expensive and it will be a pain in the ass to keep looking good. I'm going to suggest that you powder coat it and be done with it....Let me look up an email address though. Found it. I believe that NITROUSJUNKIE@comcast.net has his polished

Ask this on the Callaway forum I know of some members that had work done on Long Island NY Great work they will chime in there .
kaijumax said:
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good polisher, around the New England area if possible, who could quote me on polishing the top end of my ZR-1.

The Vette Doctors

Call the Vette Doctors (Carmen or Dennis), They will dismantle it and farm it out to a reliable Metal finishing shop in Long Island. Should take about 2 weeks including polishing or powder coating. They do all my work.
Regards,

The Vette Doctors Inc. 26 Elm Place Amityville, NY 11701 (631) 841-0779

Cheers,
1BADCR1
Ben

Thanks,
I sent them an e-mail for a quote. :)

1badzr1 said:
Call the Vette Doctors (Carmen or Dennis), They will dismantle it and farm it out to a reliable Metal finishing shop in Long Island. Should take about 2 weeks including polishing or powder coating. They do all my work.
Regards,

The Vette Doctors Inc. 26 Elm Place Amityville, NY 11701 (631) 841-0779

Cheers,
1BADCR1
Ben

Thanks for the help, I plan on keeping up on the care should choose to polish.

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
It will be expensive and it will be a pain in the ass to keep looking good. I'm going to suggest that you powder coat it and be done with it....Let me look up an email address though. Found it. I believe that NITROUSJUNKIE@comcast.net has his polished

THE POLISHED IS ALOT BETTER TO TAKE CARE OF.I STRIPED POLISHED MINE
MYSELF.
USE MOTHER POLISH IT LEAVES LIKE A WAX ON THE PARTS WATER SPOTS DON'T BOTHER IT.IT GREAT AT SHOWS DRIVE ALL DAY OPEN HOOD DUST OFF READY TO GO.YOU CAN TOUCH UP AT SHOWS BUT MOTOR NEEDS TO BE COLD.MINE HAS BEEN DONE FOR 4 YEARS NOW WOULD NOT GO BACK TO POWDER COAT.

STEVE

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom