Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

**** Port & Polish Questions

95ZR1#418

Corvette
95ZR1#418, 88Z51Coupe, 69L46Coupe
*+*+ Port & Polish Questions

Hi All-

I need to pull the plenum due to leaky injector, so obviously it makes me think....

On a P/P job are the heads also worked while on the car? My car is staying home, wondering if anyone has done this work themselves? I remember having some good info from someone who did this to there L98-but sold mine & never did it. Comments on doing this to an LT5 or where I could find more info?? Thanks

I have no info-experience specific to ZR1/LT5/L98 ... but I have never heard of any head being ported or polished while still on motor. I can visualize that it may be possible to do it on the motor ... but it would be quite difficult. I have done a few car heads & motorcycle heads ... always done on the bench ... not on the motor. No problem for most heads to change injectors while still on motor ... not so for P&P.
JACK:gap

:L I can't help it, but when one first sees this post, I think they're going to se the same thing I did when I first saw it - that it was a censored word in the post title.

I'm sure you meant it as an attraction Bob, but are you sure you don''t just want one asterisk instead of four? :L

Whenever the automatic censor detects a questionable word, one that may be considered cussing, it replaces certain letters with asterisks. Therefore, when I saw the title "**** Port & Polish Questions", I could mis-construe that to read something like "DAMN (but something a little more vulgar ;)) Port & Polish Questions". Understand what I am saying?

Of course, it doesn't mean anything to me if you want to leave it the way it is; it will just appear to people who see the post, that you are disappointed with Port & Polishing until the person opens the thread.

_ken

No P&P can be done on the car. The heads,inj housings and plenum must be taken off of the engine. Pull the plenum and injector housings and send them To Greg VanDeventer and tell him to Max them out. Check all the hoses under the plenum, tighten the breather housing bolts to spec after loctite. Toss the original injectors and get a set from RC. Add a set of Swain coated headers and a cat back exhaust. You will be smiling ear to ear.

:upthumbs

Ken said:
Whenever the automatic censor detects a questionable word, one that may be considered cussing, it replaces certain letters with asterisks. Therefore, when I saw the title "**** Port & Polish Questions", I could mis-construe that to read something like "DAMN (but something a little more vulgar ;)) Port & Polish Questions". Understand what I am saying?

Of course, it doesn't mean anything to me if you want to leave it the way it is; it will just appear to people who see the post, that you are disappointed with Port & Polishing until the person opens the thread.

_ken

I got the same idea Ken, Till i opened it up lol

Nice wheels 81LT4 !!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom