Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Powder Coating Frame - Which color do I use?

93*Corvette

Corvette
1993 White Coupe
Wow, I never knew there was so many colors to powder coat a frame.

So the frame for my 1964 Coupe is at the frame shop to be sand blasted and powder coated. This car is not a trailer queen and will be used just to have fun driving.
There was always questions about the VIN code since my tag was riveted and not tacked to the frame. When I pulled the body off, it shows that the two VIN # on the frame match what is riveted to the plate in the car.

I want the sand blaster guy to cover those numbers (two spots) on the frame so they can still be read after they powder coat the frame. He says he can do that, and he'll just put clear coat over that area. Now the question. Geez I never knew there was so many colors for powder coating. Which color should I use?

Here is the colors that are available, these are only the black's (which I assume I would use, I think):
Cardinal Paint: Products

Here are all their colors:
Cardinal Paint: Products
Any idea?

Your car - but, you asked for opinion, and even though you say the car is NOT a trailer queen and will be driven, if you want the car to still "appear" close to factory then I would do black

Your car - but, you asked for opinion, and even though you say the car is NOT a trailer queen and will be driven, if you want the car to still "appear" close to factory then I would do black

The problem is, is there is 15 colors of black alone. I wanted to keep it kind-of a stock color. So I'm not sure which one would come close to the factory paint on the frame.

Original frame color is a SEMI-GLOSS black. So pick a color that is close and go from there

Thank you for the inputs.... I am waiting for some replacement frame mounts, then they will start the sand blasting & powder coating work...
Woo-hoo!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom