Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Power seat adjusters

Hrtbeat1

Corvette
'90 coupe (gone) '96 CE LT4 Z51
Hey can anyone help? I just bought a 90 coupe with sport seats. The guy I bought it from said the drivers seat adjusters didn't work. I got to messing around under the seat and everything was disconnected. I reconnected everything now it all works except RETRACTING. I got it forward but now it wont go back. I think it may be the switch (since the motor moved forward). Does anyone know of a bypass or jumper to make the seats go back?

This will be trickey

If you pull the pad ( seat bottom ) up there will be a connector..
pins A( purple ) and B ( Black ) are on the motor for the seat back angle adjustment.

the wire on the other side of the connector is orange( to purple ) & black ( to black )

You need to feed 12 volts directly to the PURPLE & BLACK.. and the polarity of the power feed will move the seat back angle up or down ( based on motor rotation ).

Vig!

Thanks

Thanks .... I found a different answer ... after checking voltage at the connector ... thru the various switch positions. I found that the red/grn wire all the way to the motor is forward .... the yellow/grn wire is reverse .... its definately the switch cause switching the wires and running the switch (in forward) I got the seat to fully retract.

Note: the voltages are very small around 1VDC but a test light will help identify which switch position is powered.

Oh I misunderstood

Your talking about the MAIN motor track

red/green is 1 pole of the motor and yel/green is the other pole

the switch reverses polarity to the motor feed

ergo fwd & reverse.

You probably measured that wire to ground..

OOPS

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom