Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

power steering conversion

jclark

Corvette
1966 corvette coupe
Hello,
I'm new to this forum but not new to corvettes. I've owned a 1966 vette coupe since 1969. I'm retired now and spending my time puttering on this car. Would like to add power steering to make it a better driver for an old guy. The question is this, will other chev power steering components on mid sixty 327 engines work on this vette. It has a 327, 350 hp motor with a 4 speed. I located a complete power steering setup from a 1963 chev 2 that has a six cylinder motor but doubt if it will fit. I'm not ready to spring for the conversion kits offered in the many corvette part houses. Is there any hope here or should I bite the bullet and pay the grand for the complete kit?
Thanks
Jim Clark

If your interested, I am switching to a steeriods manual steering. I have the pump, hoses, and all linkage and would let it go for 550 plus shipping. It would be about 2 wks before I could ship it out as I have the suspension still on and mocking up the new crossmember. It was all working fine as of 2wks ago when I took off the body. If your interested let me know.Chuck

chuck,
Tell me more please. Any leaks? What about mounting brackets, relay rod, pitman arm?
Thanks
Jim

no leaks when I took it off and all is include (relay rod, pitman arm, hoses, pump, pump brackets, contol valve, and ram cylinder (not sure the proper name)).

Chuck

Also looking for Power steering set up for my 66

Chuck,

If Jim is not interested in your set up please Email me.

If he has already purchased it, I am also looking for a set up for my 66, if any other members have a complete set up,

Please let me know,

Many thanks...

Most of the vendors sell a complete P/S conversion kit with all the correct mounts, piston, pump, etc....

North of 40,

I have not heard from jim if he definitely wants it. If you would like it or have questions let me know.

Chuck

Wilkinshc said:
North of 40,

I have not heard from jim if he definitely wants it. If you would like it or have questions let me know.

Chuck

Chuck,
I'm going to pass on your offer.
Thanks
Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom