Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Problem with internal air

minifridge1138

Corvette
1982 Black Fastback
Hey everyone,

When I have the climate setting on anything other than MAX AC, i don't get air coming out of the vents.

When I put it on max, the little door under the hood on the passenger side behind the filter/mesh closes. The rest of the time that door is open and I can fell air blowing up out of the area where the windshield wipers are.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!!!

When you go to Max, the kick panel vent door opens to the intake side of the blower. Is it shutting when you leave the Max setting?

Are you getting any air thru the heat or defrost vents when not in Max?

That lever is connected to a switch under the console...That switch is connected to a vacuum harness assembly.This has 4 vacuum hoses coming off of it which are controlled by moving the lever you speak of....I replaced my switch and the problem was fixed, but it may only be a bad vacuum line coming off the harness.I also really jammed the harness back on tightly when I replaced the switch because a vacuum leak could happen at that connection also.......It's an easy fix if you are a midget contortionist, but being 6'5", I really had to plan my moves......There in lies your problem.Bite the bullet and take the rug off the passenger side console and have at it.
GM part # 9348049 switch.....It cost $9.82 at the dealer in 2001:thumb

With AC on, the selector door to the windshield outlet should close. Check the vacuum connection.

:)

Well I found and fixed a big problem.
The vacuum door on the inside on the passenger side was stuck closed.
It was opening 1/8 of an inch.

A couple of shots of WD-40 and it is opening smoothly.
Now I can actually feel the air hit my face.

Thanks everyone!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom