Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Professional carburetor rebuilders

Vref

Corvette
65 Roadster
My carb has a leak under the rear fuel bowl and it appears to be warped. It also has some, corrosion and needs some replating. I always restore things to original, any recommendations?

These guys below offer the service below, anyone use them or hear of experiences?

http://www.customrebuiltcarbs.com/

We offer a complete restoration service for your 1,2, or 4 barrel carburetor. We can restore your existing carb to show quality condition. All carburetors get completely disassembled and boiled out. Carbs then get stripped and redyed back to the original color. All base plates are line reamed and rebushed to eliminate lean idle miss. All new components are then used to reassemble the carburetor back to OEM standards and all necessary parts are replated and installed on the carb. The carburetor is then wet flow tested for air and fuel leaks. Pump,idle, and high speed circuits are then checked to assure you of a high quality restoration. We also offer a street restoration for your carb. If your car is not a show car but just a nice driver we can restore the carb without plating of the parts, all other aspects of the restoration are the same including redying and flow-testing.

Also Jerry MacNeish, www.z28camaro.com - here's one of my 35-year-old Z/28 Holleys he just rebuilt/restored a couple of years ago; dry as a bone, works like new, every part is re-plated or re-colored. He machines the main body dead-flat and bushes the primary throttle shafts, and runs them on an engine before shipping:

2002228131959-3-Znoaclcarb.JPG

:beer

John raises an interesting consideration. Don't just have it rebuilt, have it refurbished too. It should perform and LOOK like new if you are going to go to the trouble of sending it out to a shop.

Thanks for all the replies I am going to use Jerry MacNeish in the future. I managed to fix the leaking bowl and non working secondaries myself.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom