Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Progress Report

Iroc2Vette

Corvette
2013 Z06 1LZ
I've just racked up about 12,500 miles on my C6Z since I got it last September (9/23/12). Mechanically, no real issues. I just did a oil change for the winter (I live in CT) and put the NPP fuse back in (at 1500 rpm, the exhaust resonance with the windows up can cause the driver's side door panel to buzz..lol..).

Only a couple of minor warranty issues being address:

a) Distorted right lower window sill rubber seal (I didn't see this at first, but, noticed it later on). The dealer is going to swap out the sill seal on both right AND left doors (he said the other looked a bit distorted, too). Honestly, the left door lower window sill seal didn't look bad enough for me to complain about. But, the advisor thought it should be replaced, too. It had a minor distortion in it.

b) and a sticky Fuel Econ button (it sticks on occasion). A new FE DIC switch is on order.

All done under warranty.

And, I've had 2 flat tires. Both nails, front and back. But, this is just road hazard stuff and has nothing to do with the car itself.

Next spring: new air cabin filter, new engine air filter and a fresh set of Michelin tires. Can't wait for those. I've heard they'll transform for the car. My GY Gen 2s tram like all get out. And almost make my Z feel like it has steering problems when going over frost heaves, etc.

Gotta like it when the little things get taken care of quickly and at their cost. :)

Mac

Just got those parts replaced. Looks a lot better and the new button works perfectly. But, I also had to have the 'infotainment' module replaced (also known as the 'radio' head) because for some reason, the button for the 'hours' adjustment stopped working as I was changing the time on the clock. So I have a fresh INFT module replaced under warranty.

The only troubling thing was the tech who did one of those multipoint inspections said my tires were at 8/32". NO WAY! So the advisor grabbed a tire gauge and we went out to see the tires. Yup! the fronts were at 4/32" and the rears at 2/32". I'd be nice if he would've actually LOOKED at the tires. I mean, the wear bars are clearly visible on the rears!! :eyerole

12,500 and you are needing tires......sounds familiar..... Have you changed your front and rear alignment for better wear or do you track your car? I changed mine on the GS and have 5,000 miles on my Bridgestone Potenza's and they look great so far.... Your rear tire wear might be from other factors than just the alignment.....:D

Actually, I'm doing a bit better than that. I'm at 14,250 miles on the tires. Quite good mileage, from what I've been reading.

I did have a PFAT street performance alignment done, with 0° toe at all four corners. Found out in the process the right rear wheel had more negative camber than factory spec. So the inside of that tire was starting to wear prematurely. Fortunately, I found out in time to save it. Otherwise, all the tires are wearing nice and evenly. I assume this means the alignment is pretty equal to my driving style.

As to the extra 2/32" of wear on the back tires....um...yeah...well...ya know...it is fun to leg it every now and then...:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom