Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pulled the trigger on the IFS, need paint code

• Thread starter Vette66AirCoupe
  • Start date
V

Vette66AirCoupe

This morning the spirit finally moved me and I placed an order with Jim Meyer Racing for an IFS for my '60. I'm going with the 11" rotors. I ordered a new dual master cylinder with proportioning valve, stainless steel lines and a paintable Ididt stering column as well. I'll feel a lot safer driving the '60 after this work is done. I'm tired of (1) aiming instead of steering, (2)putting my paw prints permanently into the steering wheel on twisty roads and (3)finding myself stopped in the middle of intersections instead of at the light. Next winter I'll think about changing the rear out and the year after that I'll be thinking crate motor. Hey, without your dreams what do you have? Yea, I know, reality.

Anyway, I told you all that to ask you this. Does anybody know what the paint code is for the red interior in a '60? I want to keep the interior looking pretty much the way Duntov and Mitchell wanted it so I ordered the paintable shaft.

This morning the spirit finally moved me and I placed an order with Jim Meyer Racing for an IFS for my '60. I'm going with the 11" rotors. I ordered a new dual master cylinder with proportioning valve, stainless steel lines and a paintable Ididt stering column as well. I'll feel a lot safer driving the '60 after this work is done. I'm tired of (1) aiming instead of steering, (2)putting my paw prints permanently into the steering wheel on twisty roads and (3)finding myself stopped in the middle of intersections instead of at the light. Next winter I'll think about changing the rear out and the year after that I'll be thinking crate motor. Hey, without your dreams what do you have? Yea, I know, reality.

Anyway, I told you all that to ask you this. Does anybody know what the paint code is for the red interior in a '60? I want to keep the interior looking pretty much the way Duntov and Mitchell wanted it so I ordered the paintable shaft.
good choice....I went head first....and just kept upgrading as I went.....I took the body off and once I did that....look out...everything was down hill from there....

keep us updated with photos and stuff......enjoy!!!!

Herb

Paint Codes

I believe the interior and exterior paint codes were the same. The interior was not buffed-rubbed to a high gloss. You should be be able to find the information that you need at this site:

http://www.corvettepaintcodes.com/

Ray

Best of luck with your convertion,

Just remember its a real slipperly slope once you get started,

We are all here to help. Belive it or not I have more fun working on the cars then driving them.

Keep us posted.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom