Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question For 81 Owners

Rowdy1

Corvette
1962 CORVETTE-SOLD 2004 Z16 Z06 CE
I "think" I remember reading somewhere that all 81's were automatics, true or false? There's an 81 for sale by me 45k, loaded 4 spd. for $9250 or b/o. Make sense or misprint?

Lou

Yes there were 4 speed manual transmissions. Bud is the the proud owner of one in fact. The price is about right actually, I paid a few hundred less than that with the same milage a few years back.

Think I Got It.

I believe I was thinking of the 82's, correct me please.

I Know

I got to thinking (which can be dangerous) after I posted this that Rare has one along with Burgular and I'm sure many more. Chalk it up to a senior moment:confused :(

Lou,

looking at Rob's knowledge base with production and RPO's

RPO mm4 4 speed manual transmission 5,575 built

1982 there was no RPO for a standard transmission, so I believe that you would be correct in saying that all 1982 Corvettes were automatic's.

Ah HA!!!

See, not totally losing it, right church, wrong pew:upthumbs

Re: Ah HA!!!

Rowdy1 said:
See, not totally losing it, right church, wrong pew:upthumbs

Bro,
You'd love the ride in an '81 but be disappointed in the power ;) you can make it respectable with out a bunch of mods, but still nothing like your Tire Burning Smoke Breathing Dragon '62 :)

I'd be Honored to have you in our Registry :J Party Time :dance

Bud

Rowdy1 said:
I "think" I remember reading somewhere that all 81's were automatics, true or false? There's an 81 for sale by me 45k, loaded 4 spd. for $9250 or b/o. Make sense or misprint?

Are you gonna buy this car? if not can i get info on it?
thanks.

Going To Call Today

This car is in the next town over from me. I have the number to call and I'll see what's up with it and I will let you know if it's still available, after I look at it and what I decide.

Bud, I know it's not going to be anywhere near the 62 performance wise but that's not always a bad thing;)

Auto or 4sp - it's easy to remember.

Lou,

Dale is correct, however, 1982 was the ONLY year since 1953 that came only with automatic.

Come swim with the sharks:D. The price sounds good too.
:w
Guy

Lou,

If you have any questions about the 1981, I would be happy to give it a shot, I know just a bit about about them ;)

Bud

Too Late

I called the number given in the add first thing and the guy told me the very first person that looked at it gave him his asking price. Evidently the car was perfect in every way, heated garage since new, never in snow, and very little rain.:cry Oh well, day late & dollar short. I appreciate the offers for the help, I'll just keep an eye out for the right (second) one to come along.

From what I've seen lately,$9250 for a nice 80-81 4 speed car with 45,000 miles is a deal! I paid $9000 for mine 3 years ago and it had 100000 miles on it but had been garaged kept its whole life. If it hadn't been a 4 speed car I wouldn't given it a second look. Lou,it would've been nice to have you in the 81 4spd gang.

Dave

Maybe Next Time

I'd like to have a stock driver along with the 62. Don't get me wrong, the 62 is not so radical it's not a driver but I have thought about another vette for a while now. Two things, one, I'll NEVER part with the 62, two, no matter what year I buy as a second vette, four speed is a MUST!!! 81's are sweet, some of my most favorite people drive 81's.;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom