Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question on AC evap drain

Robertwav1

Corvette
1993 Blue
Hi all,

I will be getting under the car again soon to do an oil change. Has anyone ever cleaned the drain hose for the AC? I've recently moved to Florida and using the AC quite often when I first got here and noticed that when I stop the car I notice it drain off significantly. I'm wondering if it's draining off while I'm driving? I've had a little water issue and not sure if it's from that or the rain as the car was outside for a while in 3 days of hard rain when I first got here. Anyway back in a garage again. Need to know about where to look under the car for the drain hose. Thanks!

If it's draining a lot when you stop that's good and shows the drain is working. I have a 93 as well and the only problem I ever had was when a leaf got in somehow and covered the drain hole from inside. When you are under the call you won't find a drain hose just a hole about 3/16 to 1/4 in the bottom of the plastic case. If you can see up in it or put a stick into it you are good to go.

Careful poking too far up as you don't want to hit the coil.

Thanks,

Mike

Great, thanks Mike. Now that I know what to look for it'll make it a little easier. :beer

Hi all,

I will be getting under the car again soon to do an oil change. Has anyone ever cleaned the drain hose for the AC? I've recently moved to Florida and using the AC quite often when I first got here and noticed that when I stop the car I notice it drain off significantly. I'm wondering if it's draining off while I'm driving? I've had a little water issue and not sure if it's from that or the rain as the car was outside for a while in 3 days of hard rain when I first got here. Anyway back in a garage again. Need to know about where to look under the car for the drain hose. Thanks!

Using compressed air is the safest way to clear a plugged drain tube from the outside of the vehicle, just use short little shots of air from the air nozzle, don't blow full force into the evaporator case and be ready for water to run out fairly fast. Good luck with it. :)

Flooded cockpit

Robert, did you find the drain hole? I cannot.
Does anyone have a picture of it?
Thx, btuse

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom