Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question on raising the Rear

Ripp 73

Corvette
1973 L82 Blue Coupe
Hey guys:D, got a quick question:L. The vehicle this time is a 90 L98 with automatic transmission:lou. What is the best way to raise the rear end with a single jack. I only have two floor stands and one jack. The floor stands are already in place for the front. So I am looking for the best position to raise both rear tires off the ground without hurting any wires or anything like that. The car has to be up in the air for a little bit while the rims get sent back to the manufacture as they are bent. With only 250 miles on them:W. Thanks a lot CACer’s:w.

Basically, you need another floor jack (I'm assuming your jack is a floor jack), or another pair of jack stands, or an adapter for your floor jack that will go between the lower rear suspension arms and lift on the differential housing. Personally, I have two floor jacks. It makes rotating tires on my other cars so much easier.

Too bad about those wheels. What happened?

Ken

My guess is something from the manufacture. They were bought from Mid America, but something wasn't right. Once you got up to about 50mph you could feel a pretty good (or bad) vibration. They only went on one trip before the winter months for a total of about 250 miles. We just had a chance over the weekend to take the tire and rims to the local Chevy Dealer and they said the rims were bent and no matter how they balanced them, the vibration would be there.

get a floor jack and jack it up at the differential...thats the strongest place I can think of...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom