Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question on Rims

caddy

Corvette
2005 C6 LeMans Blue
I have a 94 LT1 and the "Person" that owned the Vette before didn't know how to drive very well because the lip of the rims on a couple of them are all chewed up from him constantly kissing curbs, is there anyway of fixing them? I mean I think they look nasty, I would love to just go out and buy new rims but the old budget just won't let me (and the wife won't let me either).
thanks

There a plenty of places that repair rims, but they are expensive, maybe as much as a new rim.

Go to a search engine [like Yahoo or Google]. and type 'wheel repair' or something similiar, you will get all the companies that do this.

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Im removing all four of my rims this week to have them redone with new rubber.

Pbly going to cost 200 each (CND) new ones were 350-3500 each depending on what you want. So Im going to redo mine.

I bent one of my saw blade rims, before I got the AFS GS wheels, and took it to http://www.hubcap-wheelstore.com/Restoration.htm.

They did a great job, made me want to get the other 3 re-done since the one looked so good. Maybe you have one of them located near you or ship your wheels to them. Cost about $110/ea.(2 1/2 years ago).

I just went through the same thing last year. GM wanted $800 each to replace the rims on my '90. Found a place locally here that acid dipped, rebuild and balanced the rims before repainting and clearcoating. I had them refinished to original and the cost was only $500 for all four rims. They look Beautiful! :cool

Sometimes on eBay people will sell only 1 or 2 rims. Probably from a totaled car, but they usually go cheap as most buyers want a complete set. If you just need a couple it's worth checking into. :)

Gordon

caddy said:
I have a 94 LT1 and the "Person" that owned the Vette before didn't know how to drive very well because the lip of the rims on a couple of them are all chewed up from him constantly kissing curbs, is there anyway of fixing them? I mean I think they look nasty, I would love to just go out and buy new rims but the old budget just won't let me (and the wife won't let me either).
thanks
I did the super cheap method,I waited till I needed tires mounted and took the bare rims and a dremel with a drum sanding wheel...ground the nasty curbed edges up then polished them back out ....They look brand new and you can not tell it ...took a little time but didn't cost hardly anything.
Its aluminum you can fix it

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom