Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question onHood Light

Corvette Emma

Corvette
1989 Medium Blue Metallic
Question on Hood Light

I am looking for the wire attachments that hold the under hood light wiring to the hood. I went to my local Chevy dealership and the parts guy looked it up and found none in stock. He did an international search and found only a couple scattered throughout the united states. They are $8.00 a piece and another $10.00 for shipping but I would have to get them from various places since the most anybody had was two and he really didn't seem to want to help me. I ordered the 1989 Corvette Service manual hoping there was a part number or a cross reference number but there was not. The manual shows the wiring and the connectors but it doesn't give a part number for the connectors. I didn't think I was going to have this much trouble finding such a simple part. I would give up searching but the electrical tape holding it to the hood doesn't look factory.Please somebody help me. I'm sure somebody, somewhere has broken one of these fragile connectors.

Corvette Emma

Sorry I can't help with your search for the moment but hopefully someone that can will come along soon.

You might try one of the online places such as CorvetteCentral.com. I went to their C4 catelogue search page and typed in hood light kit... this brought a search result of more than 220 items.

And welcome to the CAC... have you gone to the new member forum and introduced yourself? If you do, that will give folks a chance to say HI!

Again, welcome and good luck with your search!
:w Jane Ann

Jeb said:
Emma, you might try a salvage outfit like http://www.corvettesalvage.com.

They could go out to the yard and yank a few of them for you for minimal cost.

I agree with the salvage yard idea and wouldn't be surprised to learn that these are not specific just to Corvettes but could be found even in a non-Corvette salvage yard.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom