Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Quick review: Wheelskins wheel cover

Corvette
1986 Bright Red Coupe
Those of you who've seen pix of my Vette's interior know that the steering wheel is rather shabby. Rather than drop $300 on a replacement, I decided to look at steering wheel covers.

I settled on one made by Wheelskins (www.wheelskins.com) and sold through Cruise Control Auto Accessories (www.cruisecontrolauto.com - they have a discount available to Corvette Forum members; not sure if they do for here as well). I paid $33.75, shipped, for their two-color (Eurotone) model.

Anyway, it looks good. The skin is specifically for the C4 Vette (and I think varies for the variosu wheel sizes as well). It does require stitching into place, but they provide very thick waxed thread and a good needle.

Only real issue is that it doesn't lay quite right around the spokes because they're fairly wide. Then again, I may not have installed it quite the best.

So. It installed in about 45 minutes of repetitive stitching and is nice and tight. I chose black and sand, which is the closest I could get to saddle. I like.

Also, the guy at Cruise Control Auto is very nice. When he saw my original order (black/light oak) he wasn't sure it would match my interior well enough so he *called* me from Georgia to check, and then sent me out a couple of different color samples. I emailed him with my corrected choice on Thursday, and the skins were waiting when I got home from work Monday.

Anyway, I can provide pix if anyone's interested, but this seems like a decent alternative to a new wheel. The spokes are still munged, but at a 10th of the cost of replacement, I'm satisfied.

Rich, do me a favor if you haven't already done so. Submit a review of this product in the Portal database (the tab you see at the top of each page).

The value of this system not only lies in the number of links that exist by category, but also by the fact that you, the user can rate and review all of the companies listed in this portal! You do not have to be a registered member to cast your vote or submit a review on a particular company. Did you bring your Corvette to a particular dealer or repair shop and experienced good service? Let other Corvette owners know by submitting a few comments on that company! If you don't see a company listed here, or would like to see a different category, submit the information and we'll add it to the Portal.

Thanks for the time you took to tell us about this product. :upthumbs

_ken :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom