Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Raced a C6

Koop

Corvette
YELLOW 69 modified GM Crate ZZ383, LS2 TBSS
0-100 (or so), we spoke before the race, the driver knew it was coming...He got beat by my CADILLAC! OUCH!

What Caddy can beat a C6 to 100?;LOL

The CTS-V. They turn 1/4 mile in what 12.7? I am not sure what it traps. I have heard there is a heck of a lot of wheelhop from them. Did you do anything about that catbert?

Cadillac claims 4.6 0-60 (that is hard to reproduce) and owners have posted time slips at 13 flat. I hear the C6 has more than it's fair share of axel tramp as well...When the numbers are that close I guess it's 90% driver. I'm not new to large heavy cars with a stick.

We did get to dice it out a bit before we ran so the driver of the Vette was aware my Caddy was well equipped for the job at hand.

The look on the guys face was classic! :eek Maybe I'll catch him again in my C3 and work him again! Of course my C3 will bury my Cadillac (unless there are corners involved).

That stings!

:v

Click on the pic.

Koop definitely is the better driver in that race. The Vette shoulda still taken the Caddy by at least a little bit.

Driver makes alot of differnce when the cars are close in performance like that.

:beer

MoeJr said:
Koop definitely is the better driver in that race. The Vette shoulda still taken the Caddy by at least a little bit.

Driver makes alot of differnce when the cars are close in performance like that.

:beer

I even told the guy before we went off that I expected he would take me, I don't expect to get that lucky again! It was all in fun, definelty a race I'll remember. :D My clutch was pretty stinky after the run.

I had a CTS-V. I couldn't beat my C6 in it...period.

I can't wait to see the results of the C6 against your ZZ383.:D

No Way

Sorry , I just don't believe a CTS V will beat a C6 UNLESS the C6 driver is to blame. I believe the cad has a bit more HP? And how many hundreds of pounds of additional weight? And what's the power curve differences?

I just don't believe it.

And BTW unless you need a sedan for seating capacity why would anyone buy a CTS V instead of a C6?

Now, the XLR V will be an entirely different story. I expect it will walk the base C6 pretty well. I'm actually thinking of buying one just for fun. The base XLR is how much? $75 k.....right......how many are selling at that?

So the XLR V will be how much? $85 or $90 K plus dealer gouge? right. Don't expect to see many on the street.

Why oh why would anyone buy a cad at that price when there are so many better cars available eg the SL500?

I can't afford the $90k but there's a golden lining to cadillacs...it's called depreciation! Hold a brick in your hand and drop it for a demonstration of Cadillac depreciation. IMO the CTS is overpriced and so it the XLR. Way overpriced. I expect VERY sharp depreciation. When the XLR V gets down to about $45 to $50K ( and that could occur before the car is even two years old ) they would be a great buy. Assuming the former owner fit the typical cadillac owner profile you'd have a barely driven car. Probably you would need to change the fouled plugs. How many old people can even get into a car of that type? And can they fit on the seat with their Depends on?

CTS V beats C6? With equal drivers no possible way. It's called physics. Depreciation of these powerful cads will be interesting to track.

Disclaimer: Be careful if simulating Cadillac depreciation with a brick so that it does not land on your foot or damage your walker.

For $85-90K plus dealer gouge, I could go buy a C6, do some cool mods to it and still have enough money left over to buy another car!:D

Of course it was the driver...

Since I already have a Vette, what could be better than an LS6 in sedan? Damn it's a Corvette with a room addition! I could only get one car seat in my Vette so the Caddy was an easy choice for a Daddy mobile. Even if I had paid the $54,500 OTD price what else could I have gotten for the money? Maybe a loaded C230 Kompressor :puke, or a Ricer with a Fart pipe?

Maybe when I'm 80 I'll consider an SL500.

I love the depreciation on Cadillacs! I got an '05, 6 weeks old with 1,400 miles from a private party (in need of $) for $40,500. I can't imagine it won't be worth $25,000 in a couple of years when I'm done with it.

I've spanked a couple of C5's with the ZZ383. The ZZ383 makes more HP/TQ than a LS1, LS2 or an LS6 so racing the C6 will be interesting (or just Physics). Either way, I'd be happy to beat by a C6.

yogivette said:
Will your zz383 beat my soon to be LS7...just curious.

I have it on good authority that the upcoming :BOW ZO6 will beat the snot out of any car I currently own, however this is only a theory and will require future testing!

Well I can tell you that my L83 can outgun both your cars !;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom