Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radiador Replacement

C

c4ever

Well after 20 years the old radiador has sprug a leak. I could probably salvage it but I decided to go for a new unit(she deserves it). My question is should I stick with GM or go with an aftermarket brand? I'm leaning towards GM to keep her stock but I'm always open to suggestions.:dance

Jack

Corvette
71 War Bonnet Yellow VERT 71 BH Blue CPE (SOLD)
aluminum ....$$$

There have been many posts here about replacement radiators / electric fans. Seems that for those who can afford it ... often choose Aluminum like BeCool, DeWitts, Griffin etc ... and are pleased w/ lowered operating temps. I recall the cheapest universal-fit Griffins start around $150-$175 ... while the direct-fit BeCools & DeWitts are hundreds more. I seem to recall that DeWitts offers authorized Harrison (GM) reproductions ... albeit at big $. I saw a source here for a direct-fit copper-brass (likely asian-made) for about $160 shipped ... if you need source I'll try & find it.
JACK:gap

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
If you go GM

You will pay.. but it will be right. I've had good luck with aftermarket rad's ( in the Mid priced zone) but there's ALWAYS an Oh By the way thing that will gink you..slightly.

My next door neighbor is a parts wholesaler

You should hear the stories about radiators from 3rd world country suppliers.

It's VERY hard to pre test a new/rebuilt raidator unless you have a friend in the biz.

Its usually put it in & pray!

Mike

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Since your car is pretty stock and you are not trying to cool 400 plus hsp, I would just stick with a direct replacement stock unit. In the end you will be happy with the ease of installation and the original fit and finish.

C

c4ever

Stock it is. A little more$$ but heck if I can get another twenty years I won't have to worry about ever doing it again:)
Thanks for the input. It's off to buy a radiador.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom