Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radiator Support Seals

Rob79er

I have a kit of seals for '79 L-82 but I didn't have the old ones on there to reference where they go back on. I have seen the catalog diagrams but was wondering if someone else had some good close-up pics of how they install.
thanks

Here's info from 78' AIM, do you any good?
78radiatorsealsL82.jpg

I have the 2 that go on top of the radiator support left to put on. I was a little surprised that Dr. Rebuild did not put any adhesive on the bottom of those 2 seals. Is there a good reason for this or do I just need to add my own glue? :)
I also was given another straight piece in the kit that is about 14 inches long but the diagram does not show where this piece goes. Not sure if it is extra or if it has a home...thanks

If they are the two I'm thinking of,I believe they go on the hood, to direct the air into the duct work for the breather.they are flat on one side and go from thick to thin on the other.if you lay it on the intake of the breather you will see how it channels the air into it.I believe you have to provide you own glue and put them on the underside of the hood so the duct work can be removed,if needed

good luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom