Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radio/Clock question

Corvette
1981 Dark Blue Metallic, 2003 AE coupe
Doing some C3 newbie research. I have an '81 with what appears to be a Delco am/fm/cassette with digital clock. Was this the UM6 radio option? I thought that I had read somewhere that the upgraded radios with tape players had clocks and the stock clock was replaced with an oil temp gauge in the cluster. There is no clock currently in the cluster. I'm trying to determine how much is original in this car. I can tell you the speakers sure sound 24 years old! The radio is cocked slightly in the console and so I had my doubts about it always being there. One last question. If it is original equipment, how do you adjust the digital clock to the correct time? It seems to keep time, but its two hours fast right now. I'm already on EST, so suggestions to move east into a new time zone would put me in the middle of the Atlantic, thank you.

Mike

:w Mike,

You are correct the UM6 option is AM-FM Radio,etr stereo with cassette, and with this option your car did not come with an in dash Clock, it came with an oil temp gauge.

I looked in my owners manaul for setting the clock, and it refers to the detail book for the radio... which I don't have, my was a UL5 option (Radio Delete) Hopefully one of our other L81er's can help you out with getting the clock set.

Bud

Thanks Bud. I verified the radio this evening. The one installed looks just like the one in the owner's manual. I too saw the reference to the elusive additional manual. I have quite a bit of documentation, but not that one. Anyone out there still have the radio manual for the ETR am/fm cassette player? Everything on this unit works, but the time is set a few hours ahead.

Thanks, Mike :W

From the other side of "the big pond", thanks! I'll give it a try. :w

Mike

cocked radio-we all got 'em.

Tritium007 said:
Doing some C3 newbie research. I have an '81 with what appears to be a Delco am/fm/cassette with digital clock. Was this the UM6 radio option? I thought that I had read somewhere that the upgraded radios with tape players had clocks and the stock clock was replaced with an oil temp gauge in the cluster. There is no clock currently in the cluster. I'm trying to determine how much is original in this car. I can tell you the speakers sure sound 24 years old! The radio is cocked slightly in the console and so I had my doubts about it always being there. One last question. If it is original equipment, how do you adjust the digital clock to the correct time? It seems to keep time, but its two hours fast right now. I'm already on EST, so suggestions to move east into a new time zone would put me in the middle of the Atlantic, thank you.

Mike
I have not seen an 81 model yet that DID NOT have it's radio cocked slightly. When facing the radio, it seems that the top right corner is higher in elevation & the chrome rim is hidden somewhat behind the bezel.
I look at the new 81 listings on eBay daily. The only ones NOT cocked in this fashion are the ones that have an aftermarket unit in it's place.
How bout it folks, anybody got a radio that is not cocked ,even ever so slightly?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom