Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Rain water on back speakers

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Looks like many of you folks use your cars as daily drivers so you probably have discovered the problem I'm about to describe. I've noticed when opening the rear hatch on my 02 Coupe in the rain, most of the collected rainwater on the back glass and painted area just behind will empty itself into the drainage trays so quickly that a lot of the water will run over into the back speakers. The car is waxed often so the rainwater collects and beads up, adding to the amount of water. I've tried opening the hatch slowly and it helps, but I still get some water over the speakers. Any ideas (short of not driving it in the rain) to keep the interior dry? BTW, the seals around the hatch appear to be in good shape.

It just takes a Quick Modification!!!! I haven't had time to paint them the interior color yet!!!:D:D:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cudos on the fine wax job. Anyway, my rain water drains pretty well. But I've noticed I somehow end up with a lot leaves in he canal where the water collects. Maybe you have some leaves or other debris blocking your drainage. That may explain why it doesn't overflow when you open the hatch slowly. Maybe someone can suggest a way to clear the drain.

Drains are a good point,and they do get clogged!!But Most hatch backs I've seen will do this a little,it's just kinda the way they are! :upthumbs

Drain

;LOLLike the way you're thinking GMJunkie. I was looking at the Folgers big size. It's already red (color keyed) and it says it's good for 90 more cups!!!! It says so right on the can.;LOLAfter all, I am from Texas where things ARE bigger.

Nevets2004, thanks for the response, but I don't believe the drain is the problem because it doesn't sit in the drainage track. It's got more to do with how much water runs off the hatch at once.

I guess it's a little silly, but I've seen some slick ideas from some of the CAC members for issues such as this one.

I guess it's a little silly, but I've seen some slick ideas from some of the CAC members for issues such as this one.
Ok, now you've me thinking!!(This could take Months and Cost Thousands of Lives!!!:boogie) I've got a Idee!! STAND BY!!:upthumbs

LRFB,

I now see what you mean. I washed my Vette today and opened the hatch quickly. The water drained quickly off the rear window and top of the hatch, then splashed over the top of the rim by the drain and onyo the rear speakers.

Maybe gmjumkie will come up with something. In the interim, I'm painting my coffee cans.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom