Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rallyes? Slots? both?

C3alex

Corvette
1978 L-82 Silver anniversary
I love the look of the center cap of a rallye wheel and hate the look of the lugs and cap on my slotted wheel.

Has anybody ever thought of installing the center cap of a rallye onto a slotted wheel. I relise there is a difference of lug nuts between steel and aluminum.

I have no idea how the rallye center cap attaches to the wheel so I don't have a clue if this would work or could be made to work on my 78 slotted wheels.

Any comments on this for the new guy?;shrug

I love the look of the center cap of a rallye wheel and hate the look of the lugs and cap on my slotted wheel.

Has anybody ever thought of installing the center cap of a rallye onto a slotted wheel. I relise there is a difference of lug nuts between steel and aluminum.

I have no idea how the rallye center cap attaches to the wheel so I don't have a clue if this would work or could be made to work on my 78 slotted wheels.

Any comments on this for the new guy?;shrug

Well... I guess something could be done to get the look you want. I don't think the OEM alloys offer a flat enough surface to accommodate a center cap broad enough to conceal the lugs.

I guess you aren't too concerned about the car looking original... so here are some thoughts:

Wheel Vintiques
17" Billet ralleyes-

90---Billet-Rallye.jpg

You'd get the space between the lip and the center cap (which is what you are looking for), as well as the wide slots of the ralleye (which look kinda like the alloys).

Gilmore-
84-series.jpg

This wheel can use a spinner cap that would cover the lugs. Looks similar to the slotted OEM wheel. The lug surface is flat enough to accommodate a spinner cap.

I decided to go in a different direction altogether. I went with a wheel that looked similar to the C4 ZR-1 and SLP wheels.

Do some research. You'll find what you want!

Johnny...........Thanks for your time and effort with my post.

Your ideas are well taken and appreciated. With all the fine looking wheels out there I am sure I can find something to my likeing.

My car is a rebuild so in my world originality doesn't mean spit. I have a beautiful car that's painted BMW dark blue mica with an unrusted-solid frame and leather interior. everything works perfectly on the car (as of yesterday).. It drives and shifts very strong and solid and I could drive it anywhere in the country.....but.....it has that tainted title so I can have fun and do what I like with the car.

Thanks again..........Alex:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom