Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rare L88 For Sale-Here is your chance

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Have you guys seen this?

L88 on E-Bay

Wow, the "buy it now option" is over $120K. They claim to have spent $70K on the frame off restoration. Geeees, this makes what I am spending on my 69 covertible sound like a bargain!

8801.jpg

Damn... I guess that's one of the "high value" cars that it's "worth" restoring, eh?

I couldnt do it, hell I could build several decent vette's for that price..

Damn.... my Federal Taxes haven't come back yet either. Ya know... these ultra rare cars pop up like old toy Lionel trains. They're out there somewhere hidden away; then all of the sudden they pop up in (of course) "mint/restored" condition, ready for spring time (and for a cool $125K). I wonder if it will make the reserve.

.......... Nut

Is that thing back again? It was on there a few weeks back with a starting price of something like $110,000 or so.

They say some things that I really question. Like the engine stamping suffix they list is "TT". That is NOT a 69 L88 suffix, should be "MR".

Then they state it is the only Red with black interior and white top (how would they know that since GM did not keep option combos) and then go on to say that "ONLY surviving RED L-88 Corvette with a black interior and a white convertible top with matching HARD TOP". So is it the only one or the only surviving? And again, how would they know.

They also say it was a road race car, so no way it is the original engine. In a race car you do not make any effort to keep the original engine, you go with the latest/best engine for the current conditions.

I would have to see tons of documentation before I would ever consider it. At best it is an L88 body/frame with a close replacement engine. That would kill the value as the real value is in the "original" engine, not a numbers matching clone. :(

tom...

Seen allot of not quite true claims on ebay cars, buyer beware I guess...

Was it Nolan Adams that said there's probably about 500 survivors left? :L

_ken ;)

Hmmmm . . . sounds like some of the dreams I had as a teenager . . . if you get my drift . . .

Another hmmmm . . . I'll bet I could get 50k for my '75 driver . . . ;-)

What do you guys think about the Bloomington Gold Certification? Does that authenticate this car?

69MyWay said:
What do you guys think about the Bloomington Gold Certification? Does that authenticate this car?

Bloomington Gold and NCRS certification does not authenticate a car. They only say that its configeration is correct based upon how the car is being presented. I previously asked over on the NCRS boad how a car would be judged if it was presented as a ZL-1 (and not one of the two known cars) and all the numbers were correct. The answer I got was that it would be judged based on it being a ZL-1 and if everything was right it could get a Top Flight certification. This despite the fact that it was common knowledge that it was not original.

Bottom line is they do not certify that the car is real, they only certify that it is "correct".

tom...

I've used this line before, anything made by man can be counterfitted.
Including a brand new block with casting number's 20, 30 or 2 years old. It's molten metal poured into a mold, they did it then and their still doing it

I sincerely feel bad for the uninformed that have paid huge money for a Gold certified car, or simply a number's matching car.

I personally don't believe in them.

I've read in different posts that all in all these are just cars and it's true.
There is no reason for one 69 to be worth more than the next other than the options, I for one don't care if it came with the car or not.

Please don't think I'm an a$$ for saying all this, but I had to.

Rick

Ken ,

You beat me back here, I just wanted to tell everyone I'm putting my armor on preparing for the attack:r

I guess sometimes I lose control.

I still love all of ya:love

just need to agree to disagree:argue

Rick

#'s Matching

Um, oh I know, that's when at 8:00PM, you turn on channel 8 and the pretty lady reads off three numbers that never match mine, right?:confused

Actually, I think it's when you want to watch channel 7 . . . and she does too . . . I love the numbers when they match . . .

Well everyone. It is sorta my birthday. I think I could live with a few inconsistancies. Hint, Hint.

Thanks Ken. At 13 1/2 I'll take what I can get.

Birthdays??

Tom,

Today is my sisters birthday, but she wasn't born on leap year (although some of the guys thought so :L ) not. She would hunt me down and kill me if she ever saw that. Great lady and she learned it all from her brother. She has 3 in case you think I think it's me.

:birth

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom