Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rare's Place

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
Here is a where she sleeps and gets babied, and guards over the L81VetteRegistry Store ;)
attachment.php

and here is another shot from a different angle, of course the Splash sits outside and mom's LS sits next to Rare ;)

BudD
:bu :w

Nice vette and garage Bud!

i would back in too if i had a vette or garage, I thought most people would... maby i should start a poll

I guess tile floors are best to have in case of oil. That way concrete isn't there to absorb the oil and cause a mess? That's nice. That's something what I'd like to do when I get a Vette and house/garage. ;)

TR

Bud what kind of tile is that under your Vette?,I like the look and might do the same.

kevoinc said:
Bud what kind of tile is that under your Vette?,I like the look and might do the same.
They are a vinyl 12” x 12” self-adhesive type floor covering. The only problem I've had with them is Jack Stands NEED to be on a small 3/8" or so piece of plywood, so they don't cut through the vinyl and, when I let the car down off the stands the rear wheels settle and push the tile a bit. ONCE I figured this out I haven't had any other problems.

They're easy to replace if damaged, just use a putty knife and remove the damaged one and put a new one in it's place ;). I really like them, they are easy to keep clean, and everyone that has seen it thinks they look good, esp. with Rare sitting on them :D

I got them at Home Depot they where either $.89 or $.99 each, they are Armstrong "Afton Series".

Prior to putting the tile down I had painted the floor, that was not an easy task to remove. I spent more time on my hands and knees with my grinder and steel brush wheel making sure all the paint was off than actually setting the tile. 2 LONG weekends to remove the paint, 1 long weekend setting the tile.

OIL LEAKS... bite your tongue... not in my garage ;) at least there shouldn't be any leaks, esp as much time as I spent changing almost every gasket on her. :J ;)

YES the neighbors think I'm a 1/2 bubble off plumb :crazy

BudD
:bu :w

Looks Good, Bud! I'd like to do my floor like that now that the 82 has a new "garage". Maybe a drop ceiling and florescent lights are in order. I thought about a roll of linoleum but your way would make repairs to the flooring more practical. Way to go!

:w
Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom