Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

RE: 81 Silver seatbelts, and 8-track radio

B

buddyV

RE: 81 Silver seatbelts, and 8-track radio

Hello Everyone,

Looking for drive side seatbelt for my 81, color is silver, and the 81 etr 8 track radio.

Thanks,
Hans

Welcome to CAC!!!
be sure to check in at the l-81 registry and register your vette if you haven't already done so!!!!!
enjoy the forums!!!!!!!!

now for the radio your best bet is to try e-bay,but they don't go cheap...
as for your seatbelt try one of the corvette suppliers like corvette central and such also you can look for suppliers in our 'Industry partners' area...click on the 'partners' tab

Welcome to CAC!!!
be sure to check in at the l-81 registry and register your vette if you haven't already done so!!!!!
enjoy the forums!!!!!!!!

now for the radio your best bet is to try e-bay,but they don't go cheap...
as for your seatbelt try one of the corvette suppliers like corvette central and such also you can look for suppliers in our 'Industry partners' area...click on the 'partners' tab

Bill81vette, thank you for the fast response. Glad and proud to be here. I've had a C3 for more years than I can count, and my 81 is the best of them all.

Do you know if any of the other model G.M Cars or Trucks in the 80's that use the same AM/FM/8-track as the 81 vette used? Option UM4

Thank, Hans

Hans,

I sent my old seat belt to Ssnake-Oyl

http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/

and they repaired the mechanism and replaced the web belt. To make sure, they sent me a sample of the web belt and color for comparison purposes, and the seat belt has worked perfectly. They even transfered the labels to the new web belt.

When compared to what an NOS belt assembly costs, this is a great deal.

Hans,

I sent my old seat belt to Ssnake-Oyl

http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/

and they repaired the mechanism and replaced the web belt. To make sure, they sent me a sample of the web belt and color for comparison purposes, and the seat belt has worked perfectly. They even transfered the labels to the new web belt.

When compared to what an NOS belt assembly costs, this is a great deal.

GerryLP,

Thanks for the info. I have heard, ssnake-oyl will do a good job. How long did you have to wait for the belt to be retuned, to you?

Thanks, Hans

GerryLP,

Thanks for the info. I have heard, ssnake-oyl will do a good job. How long did you have to wait for the belt to be retuned, to you?

Thanks, Hans

Hans,

At the time, it took about 2 weeks (not counting me sending the belt assembly); however, the only reason for that turnaround time was that I chose to wait for the web belt sample (one of the two samples was the correct one). My Vette was at a project stage that afforded the wait.

I have not checked lately, but they're probably the only ones focusing their services on the safety belts reconditioning market.

Nevertheless, they do have a rush service option as well. So it's all good! :beer

Hans,

At the time, it took about 2 weeks (not counting me sending the belt assembly); however, the only reason for that turnaround time was that I chose to wait for the web belt sample (one of the two samples was the correct one). My Vette was at a project stage that afforded the wait.

I have not checked lately, but they're probably the only ones focusing their services on the safety belts reconditioning market.

Nevertheless, they do have a rush service option as well. So it's all good! :beer
GerryLP,

I have noticed that on the interior colors their was a option # 152 Silver Gray Leather, and option #132 Silver Gray Leather. What's the
difference? :confused Maybe one is St.Louis, and the other B.G. Once again thank you, Hans

Right you are ;)

152 is a St. Louis Color
and
132 is a Bowling Green Color

It's been a few years, but here is a copy of the color trim codes by plant ;)

Bud

The color codes for L81's are as Bud helpfully contributed in here.

I have been looking around my garage, but I could not find, the sample web belt material. If I recall accurately, the colors for the interior-correct silver from Ssnake-Oyl were pretty close to each other, but one web belt material looked like the early belts and the other had the 3 evenly spaced stitch lines down the length of the belt pattern from our L81's.

Let them remove the old labels (specification labels). Replacement for these ones is not available anywhere, and they can only re-stitch them onto the new web belt material.

I believe that the warning labels (the ones that say "Important") are available.

Definitely check with them, for I last received their excellent service about 5 years ago. :ugh

Do you know if any of the other model G.M Cars or Trucks in the 80's that use the same AM/FM/8-track as the 81 vette used? Option UM4

I found a Cassette/CB radio combo to replace my missing unit at a Cadillac junk yard. A lot of those had the option!
JU

I found a Cassette/CB radio combo to replace my missing unit at a Cadillac junk yard. A lot of those had the option!
JU

John, Thank you for the information, I will check the cadillac radios also. Once again thank you, for your help. Hans

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom