Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

re & re seat track

safety_match

Corvette
1990 Bright Red roadster
I just received my new rebuilt passenger-side power seat track (1990 vert).
Installation seems pretty straight forward, but I have one question...after I remove the seat cushion, does the rest of the seat and the track come out in one piece and then the track is replaced on the seat? Or does the seat come out by itself and then the track is replaced on the floor by itself?

thanks

The plastic seat frame should be bolted to the power adjuster base. There are 4 bolts at each corner. Once you have the frame off, the 4 nuts holding the rails to the floor will be under some plastic trim pieces. These use sort of a plastic pop rivet and all you need to remove them is a thin bladed screwdriver to pry out the head and then pull out and give it a half-turn to release it from the socket.

I have it apart now. The easiest way is to remove the complete seat first without the track attached to it leaving the track still bolted to the floor. This instruction is for the 6-way power passenger seat in a 1990 convertible.

Unclip the seat bottom and tip out of way, you can leave the electrical wires attached because they are long enough. Use 13mm socket or wrench to remove the 4 corner bolts (nut permanently attached underneath the frame and doesn't need holding or catching). Unplug the wiring connector and remove the seat from car.

With the entire seat removed from the car now, you have the power seat track exposed. Very easy now to remove the plastic trim piece covering both fronts of the track frame. Now remove the track's 4 corner nuts with a 13mm socket or wrench, unplug the wiring connection and remove the track.

Reassembly is the reverse.

Tools required:
13mm wrench or 13 mm deep sockets for all 8 nuts and bolts
flat blade screwdriver to pry out 2 plastic trim plugs

Time for a rookie (me):
half hour

Corvette America, but this one will have to go back. Everything works good except for forward/back, when a person sits in it, it doesn't have enough strength to move...it just powers out and stops. Like a brown-out.

I'll have to contact them and exchange it. I wonder what their policy is on returns and shipping? It is rather expensive from Boalsburg, PA to Vancouver Canada what with shipping, brokerage and GST.

Safety

safety_match said:
...it just powers out and stops. Like a brown-out.

I'll have to contact them and exchange it. I wonder what their policy is on returns and shipping? It is rather expensive from Boalsburg, PA to Vancouver Canada what with shipping, brokerage and GST.

Safety

That really sucks! :mad

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom