Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Really disgusted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod Brown

Corvette
2016 Blacki Sting Ray
Well,after putting $10000 in my 99 Vette,and fighting to get it smoged,i just gave up on the car.The car was detuned to pass smog and then after it passed smog,the mechanic said I have to drive it until the check engine lights reset.Well I got disgusted with this piece of ****,so I drove it under the tree in the back yard to rust and bought a new Toyota.I WILL leave that thing there until it rusts out and then call the junk man.The end of my Corvette ownership.Thanks for the fun I had out here,but life is too short for me to waste time on a car I detest.So long guys. Rod

That is a bummer. Are you considering selling it?
-=Rick

Can't blame you!

I know how you feel, but l would dump it and move on.

Alan

Rod,
I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with your Vette. I'm curious- when you took it to a mechanic to have it pass emissions, was the mechanic a certified Corvette mechanic? The reason I ask is that it strikes me as strange that you would be told to drive it until the Service Engine Light resets.

A service engine light message would indicate to me that there are some codes which need to be determined to figure out what the problem is, and therefore, what specifically needs to be repaired. A certified Corvette mechanic would know how to retrieve and interpret those codes.

I think you may have gotten some bad advice. Whatever you decide to do, I hope that leaving the car to sit under a tree and rust isn't the final outcome.

-Patrick

I am guessing he ment to drive it until all the monitors for ODBII have been ran. Alot of times things are miss interprited or there is a miss understanding or communication with customers and techs. This may or may not be one of those times but here in IL with the IM240 testing I believe you have to have only have 2 monitors not completed in order to pass the test maybe different in Cali..
-=Rick

Perhaps so, Rick.

In any event, if the plan is to leave a C5 under a tree and wait for it to rust, that may be a long wait.

-Patrick

LoL, not only for the monitors to set but also for the body to rust LoL
-=Rick

I am just curious why it wouldn't pass the smog? What sort of mods? I would recommend a NEW mechanic before throwing the baby out with the bath water!

Edited:
(Comments uncalled for, Please see your Private Message Center)
Bud Dougherty
Forums Administrator

no_vette_yet said:
Comments Deleted: Bud Dougherty Forums Administrator

If Rods done with that C5, mabe he could send it to you. :eyerole I know you would appreciate it and give her a good home! :D It appears he likes his Yoda instead. :L

Doug :beer

I'd park it in my bedroom and let the wife sleep in the driveway!

NoVetteYet,
I'm forced to ask why you would react so vitriolically to one member's post about a C5 they are having problems with. While I agree, the situation as described by Rod Brown are unfortunate, they aren't the stuff to merit a response calling into question his motives for posting.

I suggest you re-read the CAC's standards on appropriate conduct in responding to new posts.

-Patrick

Rod Brown said:
Well,after putting $10000 in my 99 Vette,and fighting to get it smoged,i just gave up on the car.
There's two scenarios here that aren't logical.

Scenario 1) He had a working, smog-passing car, and then took it to some shop to be "tuned" with some aftermarket goodies. When he got it back, the car won't run correctly nor pass a smog test. I'd be back at the shop who did the work and getting my money back or a correctly working car.

Scenario 2) The guy's car wouldn't pass smog-check for some reason. $10K later his car still won't pass or run correctly. After $1000 I woulda been looking for a new mechanic. After getting 'taken' (?) for $10K and still thinking it's the car's fault???...he got what he deserved for being so gullible and accepting the BS he was being fed by the shop doing the work.

I don't think we'll be seeing him much at this website anymore. None of this adds up to a legit complaint.

What...are you kidding ???? Let it sit under a tree to rust and have the junkyard tow it away. To a guy lusting after one of these babies, that is a highly offensive statement that deserves an honest response. My comment was right on target and suggest that you re-think editing it out.

Well first of all, its going to have to sit for a VERY LONG TIME under that tree before its rusts!!:L

If you dont want it anymore just sell it!

Nonsense

What kind of person brings a car in and spends 10k for this type of work. Furthermore, although there are shady mechanics out there, I can't imagine one telling someone it would cost more than 10k. Obviously guys, this is some sort of a joke. Maybe this same guy would pay $800 to patch a tire before he looked into replacing it.

Toyota SUCK'S Ray

I think he need's move "JAPAN" and "EAT RAW FISH HEAD'S" the rest of his LIFE!!! :D :D gmjukie!!

It's time to close this thread.

The views and response's are becoming personal, we aren't going there...

Bud Dougherty
Forums Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom