Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Rear height adjustment to level out rear of car from right to left?

• Thread starter Thread starter myred73vette
  • Start date Start date
M

myred73vette

I have replaced the rear 9-leaf spring, and now the passenger side sits about 1/2 inch higher than the drivers side. How and what can I do to get it level? have also replaced both rear shocks. Thanks in advance for any replys.

Spring bolt adjustments. You may have to tweak each a little to even things between left and right sides.

:thumb

One other thing you can check and tweak is the tightening sequence of the 4 bolts that "sandwich" the spring to the rear differential cover: If the bolts are not snugged down very evenly and incrementally, the spring can actually get installed a little cocked with one side lower than the other. You can easily check this by pulling out the end bolts on the spring and letting the spring ends hang unrestrained: left and right sides should be exactly the same. If one side is hanging a little lower, you need to loosen up the 2 bolts on the opposite side and tighten the 2 bolts on the low side in order to cock the spring into a level position.

Another issue I've seen on a few occasions that will cause the uneven rear ride height is that the front springs are not installed correctly, or are not even. Make sure the front springs are not sagging, and make sure they are corectly rotated and seated in the seat pockets. Uneven front springs will cause a significant change in side-to-side rear ride height.

Lars

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom