Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

recent purchase downpayment

Corvette
08 Atomic orange, Z-51, 6 speed
I was told by the internet sales person that everyone pays a 1.5% of the msrp including optios ,advertising fee when working from the dealer invoice. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Was I sucker punched?

I was told by the internet sales person that everyone pays a 1.5% of the msrp including optios ,advertising fee when working from the dealer invoice. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Was I sucker punched?

I can't answer your question but hopefully someone with personal experince will come along soon.

:wJane Ann

advertising fees when working from dealer invoice

Got the dealer to go for $1000 over dealer costs/invoice. Then she said their was a mandatory advertising fee of 1.5% of MSRP plus options. Does anyone have any solid advice. It amounts to about $1800 over dealer invoice. By the way I got the 2008 prices from a thread at this forum. Any help before I go final will be appreciated. Thanks those who have responded already:confused

Maybe every one at there dealership does?

I purchase allot of truck for my company and we pay $200.00 over invoice less any rebates or incentives

Not sure how the 2007 vette market is now but in a couple of more weeks ( 8 or so) the 07 will officially be last years models, I hate when that happens

Best of luck with your purchase.

darkstar,

Maybe the specific dealer you are dealing with has it's own policy about charging an additional add on price of 1.5%, but this is NOT a GM policy.

When GM "sets" the dealer / MSRP price on a vehicle, all related costs associated with the vehicle are added in. The only "add on" cost I know of is the destination charge.

But the "bottom line" is, what is this dealers bottom line verses other dealers?

Hecox

Sounds like they are trying to yank more cash. I'd tell them to drop dead, personally. ;)

Always negotiate the final price, THEN negotiate the terms of the contract. Neither of these are "etched in stone."

Most, if not all, dealers do this. It's not that uncommon. ;shrug

Sorry for the news. BUT enjoy your CORVETTE!!!!

Thats Bulls*&t - the advertising fees are part of the cost of doing business.

Dealers actually dont pay the "dealer cost" of the car anyway.,there is somthing called "holdback" for american car dealers - the factory gives them a percentage of the cost as a credit until the vehicle is actually sold - like between 2 to 4 percent. Its so the dealer doesnt eat the loss of equity as the cars sit on the lots for days to possibly months before it sold off.

FEES

Just offer the people xxx over invoice .peiod.If they say no,move on.Ad fees are not an after charge,they're in the invoice already.Plus,HOLDBACK is to help dealers with the costs incurred by the cars sitting on the lots for however long they sit,that incur lot charges.They do pay ad fees,plain and simple.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom