Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Regurgatate another blast from the past!!!

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
When the "Thunder Bird" came back to life a few years ago with the "Retro" incorporated design of the past I :puke :booger it was fugly...

Then they started with other back to the future designs, it seems now to sell a car Detroit, Oklahoma City or Mexico :eek is turning out one right after another. The PT Cruiser, Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger, HHR, VW Bug :eek ... ARE THERE NO DESIGN ENGINEERS left the Automobile Industry...

The uniqueness of the retro has grown LONG in the tooth for this ole boy... bring on some FRESH Ideas for us to hate, get used too, then fall in love with ;)

JMHO
:D :w

Bud

The uniqueness of the retro has grown LONG in the tooth for this ole boy... bring on some FRESH Ideas for us
Bud

I'm with you on this.

GM styling agrees with you too. That's the reason the Camaro was not a old school look-alike. And they have been outselling the true retro Stang. That's something they rarely did back in the day.

There's always going to be a niche market for retro but I'm surprised the Big Three have managed to sell as many of these cars as they have.

-Mac

Retro. . . .

When the "Thunder Bird" came back to life a few years ago with the "Retro" incorporated design of the past I :puke :booger it was fugly...

Then they started with other back to the future designs, it seems now to sell a car Detroit, Oklahoma City or Mexico :eek is turning out one right after another. The PT Cruiser, Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger, HHR, VW Bug :eek ... ARE THERE NO DESIGN ENGINEERS left the Automobile Industry...

The uniqueness of the retro has grown LONG in the tooth for this ole boy... bring on some FRESH Ideas for us to hate, get used too, then fall in love with ;)

JMHO
:D :w

Bud

Personally I thought they all sucked from the get go, but what the hell do I know ? And then there's the cars with all Letter names, CTS, DST , EX, SRX, GTX and on and on, You feel like a foreigner trying to buy a car in Mexico City ?

Speaking of a GTX.....I remember racing a Plymouth GTX one night in my 65 Vette Roadster.....I got him off the line and he was coming on but we had to shut down early...now that's retro.......:D

I haven't minded the retro look. The originals sold cars back then and that look is selling cars now to a whole new generation of kids who grew up listening to their fathers talking about the good ole days when men were men and cars were cars and you could get 104 octane at the pump...........:rotfl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom