Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Relatively cheap headlight upgrade

Corvette
2002 electron blue Z06
Has anypne tried the Sylvania Silverstar (or similar)? Are they worth the $120 to upgrade? My stock lights are terrible. My girlfriend's BMW 330CI has some really good headlights, and the comparison is pretty sad. For what it is worth, that is why I am glad to see exposed lights on the C6.

Verdict on the Silverstar?

i like em. got silver star head lamps in our c-4 and the bulbs in our gand prix

work great .whiter light not blue though. only paid 50$ per pair.
jeff

I put HELLA lens & bulbs in my C4 they are GREAT!!!!! In my 00 Dodge Dakota & my Caddy Eldo. I used Silverstars. Paid 20 bucks each!!!! WELL WORTH IT!!!!!:D

Thanks for the replies. I think that I will get them as soon as I have $120 that is burning a hole in my pocket. I got a root canal yesterday, so the wallet is temporarily empty. How can one tooth be worth $1500? Oh well, such is life.

DRTH VTR said:
Thanks for the replies. I think that I will get them as soon as I have $120 that is burning a hole in my pocket. I got a root canal yesterday, so the wallet is temporarily empty. How can one tooth be worth $1500? Oh well, such is life.
Hi DRTH -

I have the Sylverstars in my 02 Z06...but they were only $40 to do the high beams...you might want to try that first...(two bulbs and they are $20 each at autozone, oreillys etc.)
I find that they are brighter, and light up more of the road (if not any farther down the road...). I have not changed my standard beams yet, but I will probably go there (and they are $40 as well...)

best regards -

mqqn

DRTH VTR said:
Has anypne tried the Sylvania Silverstar (or similar)? Are they worth the $120 to upgrade? My stock lights are terrible. My girlfriend's BMW 330CI has some really good headlights, and the comparison is pretty sad. For what it is worth, that is why I am glad to see exposed lights on the C6.

Verdict on the Silverstar?
I was exploring whiter bulb options this past week myself and am also interested in answers in this thread as I was thinking about updating mine to Silverstars as well after seeing a friend's Escalade with VERY BRIGHT WHITE headlights. Sounds like a perfect Christmas gift request.

Craig

I installed PIAA headlight bulbs when I did my PIAA driving lights. They are a night and day improvement over stock bulbs. The combination of the two are such a drastic improvement that it's amazing.

3424%3B48%3B23232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23236%3A494637%3Bot1lsi

3424%3B48%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23235587%3B5%3B58ot1lsi

Z06 Tom said:
I installed PIAA headlight bulbs when I did my PIAA driving lights. They are a night and day improvement over stock bulbs. The combination of the two are such a drastic improvement that it's amazing.
Tom,

Does the light pattern from the PIAA driving (fog) lights behind the screen affect the light pattern on the road? I was thinking about installing PIAA 1100's behind the screen, but thought that it may not be too visible. Your picture shows though, that that is not the case.

Craig

Z06ADCT said:
Tom,

Does the light pattern from the PIAA driving (fog) lights behind the screen affect the light pattern on the road? I was thinking about installing PIAA 1100's behind the screen, but thought that it may not be too visible. Your picture shows though, that that is not the case.

Craig
They work GREAT Craig. The screens have little or no effect on the light ouput. I drive with just the driving lights sometimes, they throw out that much light. All the wiring for driving lights is in your Z from the factory. The relay is even there. Check out these links for all the stuff you'll need: http://corvetteforum.com/techtips/viewsubtopic.php?SubTopicID=130&TopicID=1

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19398&highlight=piaa

Z06 Tom said:
They work GREAT Craig. The screens have little or no effect on the light ouput. I drive with just the driving lights sometimes, they throw out that much light. All the wiring for driving lights is in your Z from the factory. The relay is even there. Check out these links for all the stuff you'll need: http://corvetteforum.com/techtips/viewsubtopic.php?SubTopicID=130&TopicID=1

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19398&highlight=piaa
Too bad the Z06vette.com picture links aren't there. Did you make your own brackets or use the OEM ones? Or can you directly mount the PIAA's somehow?

Craig

Z06ADCT said:
Too bad the Z06vette.com picture links aren't there. Did you make your own brackets or use the OEM ones? Or can you directly mount the PIAA's somehow?

Craig
You will need brackets. I got mine from Bryan (gmblack3). You might try sending him an email and see if he can help you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom