Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Relief is just $1500 Away

corvette addict

Corvette
2015 Z51 Black/Black
After 2-3 days of 30-35 degrees where I live. I will have those tires that came on my'15 Z51 ripped off tomorrow! They will be replaced by Michelin A/S+3s Run Flats. Next time "Let the buyer beware" that'll be me. Gonna chunk (we say chunk) them to tire hell where they will be made into somebody's shirt or shoes or put on a football field somewhere.

Thanks everyone for helping me this year
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

corvette addict:happyanim::w

I feel ypur pain.

Coming back from South Carolina in 1999 there was over a foot of snow followed me home to Northern Ohio, I40 in N.C. and Tenn. was a hoot. Had the same thing happen in the C6 but it to did remarkably well for that much snow, only about 6-8 inches that time. Had the C7 out all day yesterday and had no problems except for some lost traction which anyone could have handled. Roads were dry here except for some melting letting some water cross the road and just under 40 degrees.

Attachments

• 7SNOVETT.jpg
    7SNOVETT.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I just bought a 20' enclosed trailer to haul my toy south far enough away from the white stuff here in Ontario Canada so I could unleash the 500 Horses down to Florida...hmm discouraging to see a toy in the white

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

No Problem til Later

I just bought a 20' enclosed trailer to haul my toy south far enough away from the white stuff here in Ontario Canada so I could unleash the 500 Horses down to Florida...hmm discouraging to see a toy in the white

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The guy I talked to at Michelin said you could drive the car in below 40 deg. weather. I did and they rode terrible. The guy said they would warm up on a trip. It was the driving and the temp. when you parked that would make whatever cracks in those things. Sort of like "the fall won't kill you its the sudden stop that's the problem". I have no room to store them and am not going to change each season. gone good riddance.

corvette addict

Winter, put away the plastic and get out the tin?

You should see that poor old '98 in the picture today. GM don't put them on the road looking that good. People that know my cars wait for them to go on the market and I can show you the last three.

As far as driving in the winter I run a second set of tires as rain or just everyday tires that have much better tread for snow. They are the same diameter but not as wide (although they weren't on the '98 when that picture was taken). That was my learning curve on tire changes to be safe in nearly all driving environments. The C7 tires, as I understand it, are able to be driven in cold weather but have lost a substantial amount of traction at just 40 degrees. Colder and harder driving can and will cause "chunking and cracks" and is not considered safe.

I love it when i see people hit water on the roads and throw water up to the second floor and then wonder why it quit running or floated away.

We should all know our equipment and our driving abilities to be safe on our roads. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom