Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Remove Lower control arm

cwerve74

Corvette
1974 454MT red conv
OK before I tear somting up. I am replacing the front control arm bushings. Have removed everthing from the lower control arm. The bolt that goes thru the control arm in the rear of the control arm (side with just one bolt) attachment to the frame. Is this bolt threaded into the control arm or how is it attached? I am having trouble sliding the control arm off the bolt. I have the two in the front off and the nut is off on the rear. I am starting to get to a point where I am applying a lot of force, so I think I need some help.

Had a similar question for the upper CR but with good help from the forum I have that taken care of now I need to remove the lower.

Ok I got it. jsut stuck not attached in away that held it together. Went too work on the other side and it almost fell apart. So I could see the parts. Now I have everything on the ground and nothing busted. These car restorations are fasinating. You don't know the history of the car when you start but the parts you work on tell the story. The dent in the oil pan or the UPS shipping lable on the radiator shroud the parts that come off easy like someone was there before and those that have never been touched since the day they went together. My plan was to do one and practice then sell it and do one too keep. I am kind of getting attached to the first one.

CW, yes knowledge can be addiction. just think when you get the car all done you can drive along Covington Pike ,past all the car dealers. their tongues will be hanging out staring at your fine american iron.
i don't know how it is now, but i used to drive on Raleigh-egypt road for my hot-rod testing.....

ROBIN

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom