Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

removing 92 door panels, weatherstriping

Ryan6-speed

Corvette
1992 Black 6-spd coupe, 99 Black 6-spd Convertible
I purchased new weatherstripping for my 1992, but when I tried to remove the door panels, something else is holding them on.

I removed all visable screws around the outside edges, it seems there is somthing else holding the panel on around the door handle, how many screws are there? HELP!!!!

Any tips on putting in the new weatherstripping?

Door Panel Removal

Ryan, I think I know where your problem lies. There is a screw located behind the courtesy lamp on the door panel. There is also a screw located behind the lock knob. Ithink that will get your door panel off. The weatherstripping. I replaced ALL my stripping on my 92. I had my local Chevy body shop do the install. Too much can go wrong. IMHO Hope I was of some help to you. John

Yup, i just took my door panel off and you have to pry the courtesy lamps out, very carefully. I used a small flat head screw driver, and pry from the top down. They do "pop" out. There is a philips screw back there.

Good Luck,
John

I found one behind the window button on my '91 also!

Hard to see, easy to miss!:t

Oh, yeah! Don't forget about the ones on the bottom of the door pull handle!:confused

screwin', screwin' screwin'!!:dance

Thanks for the help!

I got the door panels off and put in the new weatherstripping, thanks to all the help. thanks again. Ryan

Always check the knowledgebase. They have complete details on the door paney screw locations

Yea I did check the knowledge base, but there was nothing on the door panels in it back in sept. when I posted the question. That part was added in october. Ryan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom