Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Renting a 'Bay'

andrewc4

Corvette
1994 Polo Green Coupe
This is a long shot. Does anyone have an idea who in the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale area would rent lift bays by the hour? I really hate crawling under 3K lbs supported by jack stands. Really hate it.

I would suggest just going around to local shops and see if anybody there would let you use it. Some people take interest to vette's and might let you use theres for a small fee. I am lucky and one of my friends knows a shop with a four point lift that I can use if I need to.

Insurance is usually what prevents shops from allowing people other than employees to use their lifts. It's difficult finding a lift to use; it helps to know someone in the business. Good luck.

andrewc4 said:
This is a long shot. Does anyone have an idea who in the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale area would rent lift bays by the hour? I really hate crawling under 3K lbs supported by jack stands. Really hate it.

In all seriousness, jackstands are very safe IF used correctly. I spent almost four years under my project and never worried for a moment.

Have someone who knows about lifting C4's show you the correct spots to place the stands and get the car as high as the stands will allow.

:w

I've removed the complete suspension and drive train on mine , all done with jackstands. As has been said , properly placed, they are perfectly safe.

Yeah, but working off a lift is sure easier than laying on your back for an extended period of time. Standing up is more comfortable and you get better leverage as well.

I agree Edmond, but that brings us back to , "where's the lift"? Would have loved to have had one , thats for sure.......:)

maxrevs85 said:
I agree Edmond, but that brings us back to , "where's the lift"? Would have loved to have had one , thats for sure.......:)

No doubt that I would love to have one. You could do exhaust systems in an hour with a lift!:D

And you could rent it out...:D

Edmond , I bought one , it was delivered last week. Just moved into a new shop and getting setup to do some work. My new job after I retired in March. Once I get setup I'm going to post some pics. Exited to say the least. :D
Dave
The vette will finally get finished also:)

Dave,

Is it a full lift or one of those quick lifts?

Its a 2 post 10,000# 12ft tall ...made by Bendpak...Very good quality. Also purchased hydaulic tubing bender. I can now do up to 3" exhaust and roll cages and etc. Bought a few other gismos too. Trans jack , tall stands , oil change , 4400# jack ,plus a new 2T alum racing jack. Great place , excellant service. Was a pleasure doing business with them and FREE shipping.
www.automotiveserviceequipment.com or
www.asedeals.com

Are you opening a shop?:L

Those sound like cool toys to have. I like it when I get new toys. My neighbor loves showing off his new tools when he gets some. Any moment where it can come in handy, he'll say, "Oh, I got the perfect tool for that." He runs home, brings it back and says, "I've been wanting to use this.":L

Yea , I love those guys :L .

Actually , I am opening shop. I will be doing light repairs and custom exhaust. I really want to work on older cars, classics and Vettes. Right now its more of a hobby, but we'll see where it goes. Ya never know . Half of the shop is the racing operation too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom