Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

repainting my vette

DC/NH

Corvette
94 Polo Green 6 Speed Coupe
I threw a weight off my rim that blew a hole threw my wheel shroud, slammed into the inside of the hood and leaving a spider crack in my paint. This was cause when i bought new tires and they didn't clean the wheels well enough for the adhesion.

The tire place agreed to repair the paint and I am scheduled to repaint the entire hood next Monday. I know nothing about Vette Paint except that is expensive and a pain in the rear. I am bringing it to the Chevy dealer who has a good rep for Vette service and a huge paint and body shop. They of course assured me that they would match it well (polo green) and claim to use a better clear coat then the original.

What should I be wary of and look out for?

Geeeeezzzzz! What are the odds of that happening:(

References,references,references. I found that to be the best indicator. I just had a small area of the 85 hood done due to vandalism:mad While I was at it I had them take out all the rock chips and feather out to the fenders. My paint is original and quite older than yours and harder to match but they did a great job. I did take a look at previous work they had done on vettes before I had them do the work. She'll be good to go before you know it.
Carlo

Holy it must be hurt your Vette's hood week or something...

I just tossed a rock or something that went through my fender well on the drivers front. It left a nice 2" by 3' hole in the plastic, but I was fortunate not to have paint damage.

You'll be good to roll in no time :w

I have received word from serveral owners who had similar experiences. I wonder what that shroud is supposed to stop?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom