Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

repair instead of replace motor

C

captbane

Ok, Im takeing the good advice I got here and am nolonger trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.........hey wait a sec.!! That ear is my 89 coupe !! Hehe,anyway I decided not to put 5k into a crate 383,new trany,new intake (speced by gm for the 383/425)ect..alot of parts and money just to get some extra zoom in my 89. I HEAR THE VETTE GOD! and she says c-5 prices are dropping! So I have a beautiful black on black coupe , zr-1 crome wheels,new tires,brakes,red calipers,new Jenson cd-cassett,sat.fm., with new speakers all around, has proformance chip with matching thermomaster 160 thermo.,new head gaskets,intake gasket, new waterpump,(just wanted to be sure!), High proformance distrib.,high voltage coil,new wires. ported plenum,(cleaned up castings),Bosh mass air flow sensor ( screens are still in ),chrome air foil in intake before T-body,new altenator,new headlamp motors and new HID lights. Made a kit up that drains water from your hood latch box ! rear window sill is drilled and down ported to keep water from going inside your rear storage box! You c-4 owners know what Im sayen here right!! ,Upper half of car was painted last year before I bought it. Seats are PERFECT! All emblems are new,steering wheel is great!,The black rugs are all fine (maybe they where replaced some time in the past) but dont fit as tight as stock, this maybe because I removed them for shampoo and didnt know enough about how to get them back in tight. This car has climet control,so if ya set it at 78 it heats or cools as needed.AC works great,was just seviced last year. While the car is in the shop Im haveing them back -flow the heater core just to be on the safe side. This baby runs very strong,burns no oil, and never has given me a burb of trouble until the morning when I had to gun her to save my life from endding under the wheels of a semi. The head gasket went because of the age of it, in 89 they made them out of metal and enough time had passed to lower thier strength. But thank God that motor was able to pick me up and set me down out of harms way!! Yes... It was that near a thing. The truck was out of site behind the hill behind me doing 100 as he crested the hill!!!!Have to ask the site manager to move this to c-4s for sale forum. Car has 94k on her and before the head gasket went the corvette shop owner (who has over 30 years exper.) couldnt believe how strong this car runs.There not much more I can do to the intake side,everything is as open as I can get it basiclly, but I am opening up the exhust by adding a set of Bora cat backs. I dont know how to send pictures from here, but if ya give me your e-mail addy ill send ya some via.yahoo. captbane@yahoo.com So the point is, ill make this black/black c-4 with around 92-94 k the best running car I can for a price of about 13k.Remember here that ive replaced all the hard stuff that could go bad! @ 90 bucks an hour labor! And this price only holds if ya can keep my lady from digging out the new sound system and jamming back in the delco rig! hehe! Theres other stuff Ive done too, like the chrome door sils,or seat control covers and interior emblems. If your a vette owner, you know what i mean! If you are joining the club,hehe! you soon will and welcome home!! See Ya On The Road !!!!!! Douglas Castner

I'm sorry, I could just be blind but I didn't see a price in there. What are you asking? What exactly, if anything does it need? Is is manual?

Hi Fawnz

Was going to ask 13k for her in the spring. Needs nothing that I know of,Ive talked to the vette shop and gave him the work order for the repair of any small problems as well as the head gasket job. Like I said, Im going to make this car the best I can for the year it is. I forgot to mention that the car has twin 6-way power seats,(new unit on drivers side),rear window gasket is new,no window leaks at all. Tel-scopeing steering colume,heated mirrors,All the digital displays are fine, which is great!! You get oil pressure/temp., coolent temp.,battery voltage,all kinds of info on your gas mileage and how far you can travel on whats in the tank,which I think is pretty cool! Ok got to run, Im off to the vette shop to pick up the valve covers so my friend can paint them for me,...what do ya think....red? Gloss black might look good, then I can redo the corvette emblem in the orig. colors and it will stand out nice. see ya on the road!! Doug Castner

Fawnz

Sorry......Shes automatic shift. Doug C.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom