Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Repair of AM/FM Radio w/ Cassette Radio

BugMan

Corvette
04 Torch Red Convertible w Black Rag Top & 6 speed
I went to the dealer for my regular scheduled oil and filter change. At the same time I wanted them to look at the radio buttons 2 and 5 since they were no longer lighting up at night.

So I get a call a couple of hours later that they are having to order a new radio because the bulbs on the buttons are not meant to be replaced. WHAT! I mean I am lucky my vette is still under warranty but a whole new unit ($500 or so) for two light bulbs.

Does anyone here know if the bulbs are replaceable? Thanks.

I don't know, but I would like to find out as my 2001 silverado has most of its radio lites out,!

I'm NOT about to buy a new radio to fix them though!!

the bulbs are not generally serviced seperately :cry some one real handy may be able to do them but it is not a covered repair at a dealership and they do need to be sent out for service I don't think a repaired radio would be that staggering price for bulbs .But the warranty proceadure is for a radio swap not always new but a refub unit :crazy Steve

I have a cassette from my 97 that I swapped out for a CD, can't say for sure if all the lights work or not never payed much attention to them. If interested make me an offer.
Craig sr

The bulbs in the C4 Bose are fairly easy to replace, and I would suspect that the C5 Bose is not that much different internally. As long as it is a warrany repair, I'd smile happily and take the brand new radio! :D If it was non-warranty I'd grab the soldering iron and take a look.

Yes the bulbs can be replaced. There is another forum that I check out every so often and there are a handfull of write ups on people changing the stock lights to LEDs. I have not dont it but it can be done.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom